Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Temperature Reading On Diagnostic?

mcgruja

Hi all,

My first post topic :)

I got the ELM bluetooth OBDII, and I am reading 100 degrees Celsius on coolant temp while driving throug city

On my previous cars, this was usually up to 95-96

When I turn on AC, temp goes down to 93-95 max

Gauge is stuck on the middle, as usual

Do you know what is normal coolant temperature for 1.6 16v Focus mk2.5

Thanks!

depends what your reading. You have the coolant temperature and the engine temperature, the OBD can read the engine block temperature in some circumstances, so both readings seem reasonable to me.

This was reading from Andoid app Torque, Engine coolant temperature, not engine block from self-diag

yeah, they may read differently (or should I say display differently) Torque will access a lot more readings per second, whereas the car will get updated periodically. so as the resistance increases in the thermo area, and the wire to the instrument cluster gradually increases, the ECU will spit the readings out to the OBDII in real time.

2 things to remember 100 degrees isnt that far off normal operating temp its a 1.6 is it a ti vct engine the 115bhp or the 100? the ti vct operates higher temp than the normal 1.6 96 degrees on the focus is thermostat open full second the aircon rad blaocks the radiator almost completely the aircon switches the fan on which sucks air through the front of the car keeping the rad cool i bekleive this is why ford recommend you run the car with aircon constantly 100 degrees on a warm day in town sounds perfectly normal in fact the fan coming on would be normal thats what its supposed to do once you get moving at a steady pace the rad will cool down

It is 100 bhp, not vct engine

I will clean a bit radiators during the weekend, but thanks for the answares

It seams that 100 degrees is normal for this engine

zetecs are high temp running engines its to improve fuel economy

Did anyone measure coolant temp from OBD diagnostic?

On the Torque app my coolant temp is 88.9 degrees C and engine temp 128 degrees C at operating temperature. Mine is the 100PS engine mk 2 focus. Hope that helps.

that sounds right the head is usually 40 degrees higher than the coolant so 136 on diagnostics is actually 96 coolant temp people freak out and say my coolant temps 145 degrees when its actually 105 degrees coolant temp which is when the fan will switch on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club