Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

Eddieboi

Hello all,

I have just recently joined the forums :)

I am planning to get a Ford Fiesta to replace my old M- Reg corsa and I was wondering what I could get with a budget of £5000 and what the tax/insurance is like. (Just to note in 26, insured with lloyds £695 for the year with 1NCBs and both my parents as second and third drivers who both have 25+ years NCB each)

I will be going to a ford dealership to get a second hand fiesta (probably a zetec model) this Sunday to have a browse and test drive.

I would quite fancy a second hand fiesta with the new shape they look ace however anything to replace my old M-Reg corsa is good lol.

Regards,

Ed

Well Ed, your probably going to get a fair car, around 56 plate up to about 08 for that price. and the insurance will be around the same I expect, its a newer car, more secure, and easy parts to come by so I cant see it affecting your premiums overly.

Well Ed, your probably going to get a fair car, around 56 plate up to about 08 for that price. and the insurance will be around the same I expect, its a newer car, more secure, and easy parts to come by so I cant see it affecting your premiums overly.

We meet again!

Yes I generally thought around 05-08 plate for £5k.

Just to ask though at what plate do you start seeing the newer fiesta style that are currently about?

the latest? they are about 09 I believe. Possibly late 08 (trying to think what my dealer has as courtesy motors :P) I think its 58 plate.

For that money though, you could get an older of the last shape, with a few more miles, but a better model (Zetec / maybe S) otherwise, you could get more of a Style model of the newest shape.

If it helps, I am 19, with 1 years NCB like you. I live near heathrow, just inside the M25 so I'd presume a higher risk area. Plus you're older so that should help.

When my girlfriend got her new car, she went onto an Admiral Multi-car policy with me, and my price will be £650 from August till May (9 months) plus a whole years NCB. So this equates to about 900 quid or so for the year. I imagine yours would not go up much.

I drive a 2006 1.6tdci Focus. A focus is naturally higher insurance group than a Fiesta, and diesls are higher than petrols usually.

I bought my car a year ago for £5000 if it helps.

I would thoroughly recommend an older style fiesta rather than the newer one. It'll probably lack in things like safety and economy compared to the new one, but for the same price you'll get a much higher spec. Parkers says that for an 08 plate Fiesta 5dr 1.4 Ghia with 50,000 on the clock, expect to pay £4700 from an independent dealer or £5000 from a Ford dealer, so bang on target. Adjust for 3dr/5dr, engine and milage. For your budget, I wouldn't accept anything below a Ghia - this has auto lights/wipers, front fogs, and a "quickclear" front windscreen which is really handy in winter.

Also available is the Fiesta ST, which would obviously bump up insurance, tax and fuel costs.

Hope this block of text helps, and keep us updated!

If it helps, I am 19, with 1 years NCB like you. I live near heathrow, just inside the M25 so I'd presume a higher risk area. Plus you're older so that should help.

When my girlfriend got her new car, she went onto an Admiral Multi-car policy with me, and my price will be £650 from August till May (9 months) plus a whole years NCB. So this equates to about 900 quid or so for the year. I imagine yours would not go up much.

I drive a 2006 1.6tdci Focus. A focus is naturally higher insurance group than a Fiesta, and diesls are higher than petrols usually.

I bought my car a year ago for £5000 if it helps.

I would thoroughly recommend an older style fiesta rather than the newer one. It'll probably lack in things like safety and economy compared to the new one, but for the same price you'll get a much higher spec. Parkers says that for an 08 plate Fiesta 5dr 1.4 Ghia with 50,000 on the clock, expect to pay £4700 from an independent dealer or £5000 from a Ford dealer, so bang on target. Adjust for 3dr/5dr, engine and milage. For your budget, I wouldn't accept anything below a Ghia - this has auto lights/wipers, front fogs, and a "quickclear" front windscreen which is really handy in winter.

Also available is the Fiesta ST, which would obviously bump up insurance, tax and fuel costs.

Hope this block of text helps, and keep us updated!

That was quite handy actually the block of text lol

I actually live in Caterham with the M25 about 5-10min drive which is rather handy and gatwick is about a 20-30 drive too.

Ideally I would like to go for a 5 door as its more convenient...well mainly for my girlfriend!

I shall indeed have a good browse on Sunday and see what the ford dealership has to offer and try and haggle...also may try my luck in getting a years tax and full tank ;)

• Like 1

That was quite handy actually the block of text lol

I actually live in Caterham with the M25 about 5-10min drive which is rather handy and gatwick is about a 20-30 drive too.

Ideally I would like to go for a 5 door as its more convenient...well mainly for my girlfriend!

I shall indeed have a good browse on Sunday and see what the ford dealership has to offer and try and haggle...also may try my luck in getting a years tax and full tank ;)

Good luck, and post photos if/when you get one!

the latest? they are about 09 I believe. Possibly late 08 (trying to think what my dealer has as courtesy motors :P) I think its 58 plate.

For that money though, you could get an older of the last shape, with a few more miles, but a better model (Zetec / maybe S) otherwise, you could get more of a Style model of the newest shape.

Sound advise!

It certainly gives me some idea of where I'm standing in what I can get.

I'm like a little kid waiting to go into a candy shop as this car will be way better than my M-reg corsa 1.2 which the fiesta will be placing...short story shot the repair bill for the corsa costed more than wha to paid for it.

You'll should get a decent facelift mk6 fiesta for £5k id also look at a similar aged focus :) theres alot more minor mods etc you can make to the focus and they've got a bit more grunt :)

You'll should get a decent facelift mk6 fiesta for £5k id also look at a similar aged focus :) theres alot more minor mods etc you can make to the focus and they've got a bit more grunt :)

Will be looking at focus too but depends on what myself and the other half agree on...she's picky :P even though I'm the one who will own and drive the car!

Im sure a while ago I was looking at mk1 focus ST's for about £6k not long ago. If it was me id save up a bit more and hold out for one of them

Im sure a while ago I was looking at mk1 focus ST's for about £6k not long ago. If it was me id save up a bit more and hold out for one of them

I won't be paying for the car, my parents have kindly said they would help as I couldn't afford to get my corsa fixed in time for the MOT this June.

Speak realy nice to them lol

Speak realy nice to them lol

I will! If it was not for them I would be in a really bad situation right now.

Just knowing I wont have to worry about the car failing an MOT or worry about how much petrol I have to use too...this corsa likes petrol a lot :P

Either way this is a long term investment so I will make good use of it :)

Hopefully once I have the car Ill take it on the motorway somewhere!

Haha I remember I had that feeling when I had my first car (also a corsa) dead scared to take it on a motorway incase it doesnt make it back lmao

Haha I remember I had that feeling when I had my first car (also a corsa) dead scared to take it on a motorway incase it doesnt make it back lmao

Yeah the Ford will be my second car, I have only been driving since February last year. I didnt see much need of a car before then as I just did not need one...but now I drive I am like "I missed out on soo much!" lol

Yeah this Corsa is noisy as hell when on the motorway by the time I drive from London to Margate I am surprised I can still hear.

The motorway eventually killed my corsa mwuhahahhahaha lol it broke down on the way from England to Scotland and it just wasnt worth fixing lol. Id maybe pass on the focus ST if youve only been driving that long and get yourself a decent focus/fiesta zetec :)

The motorway eventually killed my corsa mwuhahahhahaha lol it broke down on the way from England to Scotland and it just wasnt worth fixing lol. Id maybe pass on the focus ST if youve only been driving that long and get yourself a decent focus/fiesta zetec :)

Couple of my work colleagues who are into cars (believe me they could talk hours) suggested if I was to go for a fiesta to try go for a zetec one.

But I guess I will find out what my options are on sunday!

Have a look at www.parkers.co.uk

Look at the reviews for the Fiesta and Focus, in particular they have a tab where you can compare the equipment for different trim levels.

If you go for a Zetec you'll more likely be able to get a slightly younger car, although a Ghia/Titanium (same trim level) will have a few more creature comforts, but you may end up paying a little more and therefore having a little older of a car. There's always the Zetec S, but these only come with a 1.6 petrol or diesel engine, although I think both are pretty affordable, but the better choice would be the Zetec/Ghia/Titanium trims.

Found a cracking one that my girlfriend was looking in to, it's a Cat D write off that's been repaired, 2008 Titanium with full leather for £4,895 not long since, cracking little car that was, but the decided not to do her test so little point :P

If you go for a Zetec you'll more likely be able to get a slightly younger car, although a Ghia/Titanium (same trim level) will have a few more creature comforts, but you may end up paying a little more and therefore having a little older of a car. There's always the Zetec S, but these only come with a 1.6 petrol or diesel engine, although I think both are pretty affordable, but the better choice would be the Zetec/Ghia/Titanium trims.

Found a cracking one that my girlfriend was looking in to, it's a Cat D write off that's been repaired, 2008 Titanium with full leather for £4,895 not long since, cracking little car that was, but the decided not to do her test so little point :P

Thanks for the advise!

Just to ask what kind of effect would a 1.6 have on my current insurance in terms of price would it only go up a little or fair bit? (£695 TPFT with parents as second and third drivers and 1NCBs).

On a side note my dad went down the dealership I'm going to on Sunday with him, he couldn't see many cars about in the £5k price range, he may consider upping it a bit if we can find a good deal hopefully with some tax and fuel thrown in to sweeten the deal!

He said that they wernt helpful much nor seemed interested in helping a potential buyer but maybe when I go down and actually see the guy who's doing my appointment that guy may be a bit more useful.

1.6 petrol could push this up, 1.6 diesel may again but most likely less so. Any particular reason you're going 3rd party for your insurance?

Some dealerships do seem not to actually want to sell cars, I've never understood it >_>

1.6 petrol could push this up, 1.6 diesel may again but most likely less so. Any particular reason you're going 3rd party for your insurance?

Some dealerships do seem not to actually want to sell cars, I've never understood it >_>

Ill be going fully comp when I get the new car.

My current car is a corsa 1.2 M-reg hence third party lol to be replaced this June by a more up to date better ford car :D

Ah fair enough, was going to say you'll be paying more for third party than fully comp in all likelihood.

Best thing to do is ring your current insurance company and have a word really, but it's not going to be a massive increase I'd imagine.

Ah fair enough, was going to say you'll be paying more for third party than fully comp in all likelihood.

Best thing to do is ring your current insurance company and have a word really, but it's not going to be a massive increase I'd imagine.

A small increase would be good than a massive :)

Just hope Sunday becomes a helpful productive day instead of a wasted one lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club