Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Lowering Springs

Rampage646

Hey guys, a friend has offered me some 30mm lowering springs that are made by Lo. The thing is, they are advertised as being for the 1.6 Fiesta rather than my 1.25. Lo also do specific springs for the1.25. Now I know that the engine in the 1.6 will be slightly heavier, but my question is, will these springs from the 1.6 fit my 1.25 fiesta, and if so, will they still lower it by the same amount?

Hi there,

Without actually knowing I would have thought that the springs would be the same diameter and so on, does it say the diameter on the Lo website for both springs ?

It depends on if the springs are 30mm shorter than the ones you already have, or if they are set to a different poundage, if they are set to a different poundage then they will not lower the car as much.

The ride will become even more stiff though as they are made for a heavier engined car.

Hope this helps slightly!

Cheers for the reply. Yeah that's what I had been thinking, I've also messaged Lo, but no reply as of yet. How much heavier can the front of the 1.6 actually be though compared to the 1.25, surely it can't be THAT different. As long as the car would look lower all round I wouldnt really mind :P

• Like 1

Update: Bought the springs anyway :P Should be getting then fitted this week, so I'll update this with any relevant info for anyone else who's interested :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Bought the springs anyway :P Should be getting then fitted this week, so I'll update this with any relevant info for anyone else who's interested :)

Haha good good, yeah wouldn't have thought the 1.6 would have been much heavier, would be interested to see what it looks like lower though and how it handles, i also have a 1.25, and may do it too dependant on how it looks! :)

Fitted the springs, fairly simple process when you follow the guide on here. Rear springs took about 20 minutes each, front ones took a couple of hours each. As I thought, the springs still worked great, even though they are for the 1.6, and give the car a much sportier stance! Handling is also vastly improved around the corners. I can go 10-20mph faster around corners that before it would have felt as if you were going to loose control. The ride is a little firmer, but nothing to complain about. Overall I'm very happy I fitted them, and would recommend them to anyone else!

The pictures attached show before and after, the after picture is the one directly from the side, and the before picture is at more of an angle :)

post-39730-0-77133500-1371120139_thumb.j

post-39730-0-50289900-1371120254_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Hi there, really like the look of this Fez, i also have a 1.25 fiesta zetec and are looking to lower it, just out of curiosity how has it been ever since you had it lowered. Also what size are those alloys as to me they look bigger than the standard 15"'s but cant be too sure there 16".

Last but not least that dosent look like a standard zetec spoiler, if not please would you send me a link of where you got it from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club