Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob 2009 Titanium X - Batteries Needing Replacing Often

Madjock

Hi, I have a 2009 Titanium X and although it is an excellent car I have found a problem that I hope someone can assist me with. I have had to change the batteries in both of my key fobs at least 3 times in the last 8 months. They work okay for a month or so and then both keys come up ' Low battery ' on the dashboard. It happens to them at the same time and each time I get the batteries from the same Ford Dealership. Does anyone else have this problem or are able to help me out??????

dont think they should run low that quick eh. might be worth opening the fob up,& giving it a good clean & make sure nothings sticking etc.

do you keep your fob on a ring with any other car-fobs?

Hi,

Both keys are kept separate and away from other keys. Just puzzling that both keys seem to go at the same time. Only other reason I could think of is that the Ford Dealership that I get the batteries from have managed to get themselves a bad batch.

are you talking about 'both keys' being the 2 keys/fobs for this particular car? are they close to each other as even if its for the same car,they can interfere with each other on some cars.

Yeah, it's both keys fobs for the same car. Both are kept separate, as myself and my wife each have our own one.

Have you tried sourcing the batteries elsewhere?

It may also be that the car isn't receiving the signal particularly well. Bit like when you have something in front of the Sky box and it flashes up low battery.

The type of battery used in Ford key fobs is the CR2032, are you sure you have the correct ones fitted?

Hi Sean - Have always got the batteries from the same Ford dealership but have it on good authority that some of the ones that Ford have been discharging or have not been up to scratch. So will see how long these ones last then get some Duracell ones from Halfords, thanks.

Hi Stoney - the one thing I never checked was the type of battery, as it was supplied by the Ford Parts shop at the dealership after they had checked using my car reg on their system. When purchased, the batteries were fitted in their service department. However, as I said to Sean, I will source the next ones from another retailer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club