Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration On Braking

focusdriver

I've part ex'd my 55 Focus for a 62 1.8 TDCi Focus Titanium 115. It's 6 months old and has 3000 miles on the clock.

When braking there is a vibration on the brake pedal, and throughout the car, and the passenger can feel it too. It's the sort of vibration when the ABS kicks in but not as strong. The car has been stationary for a month - just wondered if this was something normal or if I need to get it looked at?

TIA

I would imagine if it was a build up of rust , then it would have cleared after a few miles i would get it checked out under warranty

it could be a warped disk from little use as above if it doesnt clear have it checked out

Id agree with Arthurs suggestion, it sounds like warped discs

Does the steering wheel wobble as well, like when you have an unbalanced wheel? If so I would also agree that it is a warped disc. At 3000 miles that is pretty poor, get it back to Ford for a warranty check.

If its been sat for a month without being moved even just around the forecourt then it's more like a build up of residue from the disc and pad as they are always in constant contact, if the car was taken out for a test and thrashed a bit getting the brakes fairly hot and immediately parked up with handbrake on the pads can imprint onto the disc aswell which will create an uneven surface for the pads to sit against as u brake.

If there is any kind of build up on the disc u will be waiting a fair amount of time before it clears so just go back to the dealer and request new pads and discs all round.

Thanks for the posts guys - I've booked it in with my local Ford Dealer for a check up this Thursday. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the posts guys - I've booked it in with my local Ford Dealer for a check up this Thursday. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ouch, that will probably cost more than replacing the whole brake system yourself, and thats before they do work to fix it.

Do you know any indipendant garages, they will charge less than ford.

Ouch, that will probably cost more than replacing the whole brake system yourself, and thats before they do work to fix it.

Do you know any indipendant garages, they will charge less than ford.

Haha. They're looking at it under the warranty as the cars 6 months old so no charge there.

My Ford dealer looked at the brakes - said they fall in safety tolerance limits for juddering. And now I've got the car back it seems to have fixed itself. Strange.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club