Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!! I've Messed Up My Front Bumper (Mk6.5 Zetec 1.25)

xFiestaLoverx

I was parking and went too far forward and rubbed against the curb which was quite high.

Its messed my bumper up. any help would be awesome, do you know what Ive actually done and how much it will cost to rectify?

Can you see how the bumper is not very flush with the light. and look at the bit of bumper protruding at the bottom right of the light!!

4lspk6.jpg

This pic shows how it should look in the right and its messed up on the left, this is stressing me out lol.

2u8xmkl.jpg

I can't see what is wrong from the pictures

Look at the left side of the car, see how the bumper sticks out under the headlight? Now look at the right side, its much more flush with the headlight.

also look at first picture, can you see the bumper sticking out a bit (bottom right of headlight)

Yeah I see now, take the plastic grill off, which is just two clips at either side.

The bumper has like 3 slots that hold the front in place that you can see, make sure it is pushed up as much as it can. Then when you put the grill back make sure the plastic square bit clips inside not outside the bumper.

This is not very easy to explain!

Hi,

I removed the grill and saw the 3 slots, i tried to push it in but it wouldn't stay in (its not broken though). It seems like one side of the bumper has been pushed too much. I guess its when i have to reverse off the curb and it was pulling the bumper.

I'm not sure if the bumper will need taking off and putting again!! Do you have any more ideas?

They don't stay in the slots tight, but it should kinda help wedge it up- I thought it could have just been pushed out of there.

Can you see anything that has been pushed out or anything?

If you are feeling brave you could find a guide to remove the bumper and then inspect it and then put it back on- unless you can see something obvious that has been snapped or bent.

Also im guessing its going to cost me about £200 to get a new bumper :o :ph34r:

Can I claim on insurance or is it not worth it, also do I have to tell them?

Bit early to say you need a new bumper!

Like I say, it's worth having a look around yourself as it could be easily fixed if just a clip or something broken.

You do not have to tell your insurance anything- as far as I know because you can fix it yourself for cheaper than the excess.

Ahh man, excess, forgot about that

Don't tell insurance or you will lose your NCB even if the excess is more than the repair.

• 1 year later...

What did you do then mate, got the exact same problem on mine and its the anniversary edition so the bumper will cost more that what i fancy paying. Basically same think parked and didn't notice but there was a decline in the road yet the curb stayed at the normal height in the supermarkets car park both clips either side pulled the little thin buit of plastic on the bumper that hols them in and has snapped it, (i'll take pictures in a mo) I'm thinking of drilling a new hole and putting in some galvanised bolts.

Ash

Good excuse to get a Zetec S/ST bumper for it ;) haha

• 1 month later...

Probably bit late but I know why it's dropped the underneath of the bumper in the centre had little clips/brackets that when in place held it up, trying to see if I can sort mine this weekend after a month of trying to figure it out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club