Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Mobius1

Micro "chipping"

5 posts in this topic

I've had my face-lift Fiesta Zetec 1.25 now since the beginning of February and am still loving it. It's a moondust silver.

I work hard to keep it clean and don't find that to be a chore, I rather like cleaning it. Being particular though, I can't help but notice that on the bonnet there are a few little chips in the paintwork, likewise near the spots and what I call the "ramscoop" areas, the sculpted points underneath the lower front grille.

When I say chips, I mean tiny tiny chips. Like you can't see them really unless you're close up and cleaning it, but because I know that they're there, I can't help be disheartened by it.

I've never owned a car from brand new before and I suspect this is just one of those things you have to learn to accept, but I've counted about 5 in all. Is that normal or should I be worried?

Is that normal or should I be worried?

Like you can't see them really unless you're close up and cleaning it,

Sounds to me like you are noticing the tiniest little things that any normal person would not, so I would say it is normal.

Sound like stone chips to me. I have a couple on my bonnet, it's annoying but save touching up not a great deal you can do. If they are not too deep tryT-cut can often cover over small chips but will depend how deep they are. You can get coloured ones rather then the original, that might help.

You can get colour matched chip kits from Halfords.

Have a look at Colour Fix. I have used these. They are paint plasters (no brush marks).