Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Oil Leak On A Festa 2010/60 Plate Plus Pictures

borderman

it's diesel fiesta 1.4 tdci ,

It has had a few minor problems since we bought it
2 months ago the car as been in to 2 garages and none have picked the oil leak apart
from the oil leak it has a hissing coming from the fuel lines that is going to
be replaced under warranty .i contacted fords about this oil leak and they are going to
look at it when they do the fuel lines ,i am oblivious to why it’s not been
picked up on the heath checks and the engine mounting are also causing a problem
the car is low mileage the car place we
bought it from is well known they should
have done a 114 point check on the car before we had it so it was missed there
to .take a look at the pictures and post your options this is a car valued at
£7499 what would do if this was your car .

a friend thinks it may be the crank seal or the sump seal if you look at the pictures there is stress cracks in the engine its self look at the arrows .

post-8976-0-28637000-1370248292_thumb.jp

post-8976-0-59556300-1370248311_thumb.jp

post-8976-0-62763000-1370248491_thumb.jp

post-8976-0-59900700-1370248512_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear about your problem, it must be very annoying on a £7499 car!

My initial thoughts are its the sump gasket/ seal, and the "cracks" are just marks/ part of the casting process, these are just opinions and i am more knowlegeable about Mondeo engines,

I would insist that it gets seen to, nothing worse than oil dripping onto the drive, know it looks very bad, but its often only when the oil level drops too low that it is a really serious problem, i would keep an eye on the oil level, just in case (and the other fluid levels, sometimes, it looks like an engine oil leak and it is actually something else, like, eg, the power steering)

no reply

Sorry to hear about your problem, it must be very annoying on a £7499 car!

My initial thoughts are its the sump gasket/ seal, and the "cracks" are just marks/ part of the casting process, these are just opinions and i am more knowlegeable about Mondeo engines,

I would insist that it gets seen to, nothing worse than oil dripping onto the drive, know it looks very bad, but its often only when the oil level drops too low that it is a really serious problem, i would keep an eye on the oil level, just in case (and the other fluid levels, sometimes, it looks like an engine oil leak and it is actually something else, like, eg, the power steering)

hi thanks for your reply .the car came with 3 months warranty from the place we bought it as standerd no reply off them as yet ,the car also as a manufacture warranty left till september of this here for a car that as only done 43000 miles it as a lot of problems

• 1 year later...

it's diesel fiesta 1.4 tdci ,

It has had a few minor problems since we bought it

2 months ago the car as been in to 2 garages and none have picked the oil leak apart

from the oil leak it has a hissing coming from the fuel lines that is going to

be replaced under warranty .i contacted fords about this oil leak and they are going to

look at it when they do the fuel lines ,i am oblivious to why it’s not been

picked up on the heath checks and the engine mounting are also causing a problem

the car is low mileage the car place we

bought it from is well known they should

have done a 114 point check on the car before we had it so it was missed there

to .take a look at the pictures and post your options this is a car valued at

£7499 what would do if this was your car .

a friend thinks it may be the crank seal or the sump seal if you look at the pictures there is stress cracks in the engine its self look at the arrows .

I know this was a few years ago now, but i am experiencing this problem, i have stripped and refitted my sump properly as i thought this problem was my sump, turns out it isn't as its still leaking, it seems to be coming from above the sump and above the air conditioning pump, i am just wondering if you ever found the problem causing this leak? Hope to hear from you as soon as possible, thanks in advance, Dean.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi did you resolve this problem. I have a hissing and a leak from mid engine drivers side 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club