Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 100Ps + 125Ps Chip Tuning

domo85

Hi,

Personally i would be going for a full ecu remap but others like things such as tuning boxes so i came across this today thought some might be interested. I have heard some good reviews of this company but me personally nothing beats a custom map.

Please post anything related if you have used such things before/leave some feedback :)

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/ford/fiesta/index.php

***UPDATE 20.06.2013***

Another company has released a similar thing to race chip for both engine versions. not heard much about them but maybe someone can shed some light?

http://www.tuningkit.com/chiptuning/ford/fiesta/index.php

I emailed superchips the other day who are well respected and they said nothing is out yet for this engine so I would be wary of that offer and those claims.

I have been keeping an eye on the racechip website it has only gone up today. I have spoken to superchips a couple of months ago they said that they are working on something for this year but had no time frame....

More recent cars have had strategies to prevent tuning boxes or remaps, perhaps Superchips is working to crack this, or is concentrating more on other models like Mountune seems to do

Race chip is German, so is perhaps not so well known in the UK, these are digital chips, so not the basic "resistor" analog boxes, there are different products/ levels, one is 236Nm/ 147PS for 299euros, another is 252Nm/ 156PS for 479euros

these are "Maximum values achievable" apparently (so take the claimed figures with a "pinch of salt")

They use ecoboost engines for formula Ford and get 200PS from the 1.6, so 156PS does not seem "out of order" for the 1.0L

More recent cars have had strategies to prevent tuning boxes or remaps, perhaps Superchips is working to crack this, or is concentrating more on other models like Mountune seems to do

Race chip is German, so is perhaps not so well known in the UK, these are digital chips, so not the basic "resistor" analog boxes, there are different products/ levels, one is 236Nm/ 147PS for 299euros, another is 252Nm/ 156PS for 479euros

these are "Maximum values achievable" apparently (so take the claimed figures with a "pinch of salt")

They use ecoboost engines for formula Ford and get 200PS from the 1.6, so 156PS does not seem "out of order" for the 1.0L

Is the dirt cheap one decent? Fancy throwing it on my car actually as an every day piece of kit.

They actually got 200bhp out of the 1.0 ecoboost with a remap and a turbo of the 1.6 engine :D

Is the dirt cheap one decent? Fancy throwing it on my car actually as an every day piece of kit.

Well its digital, and very cheap, you would need to check if they can trace it on your car even after it was taken off, if you decided to try it you could let everyone know how you got on with it

Well its digital, and very cheap, you would need to check if they can trace it on your car even after it was taken off, if you decided to try it you could let everyone know how you got on with it

It is tempting, and having a word with a ford techie he says the only way they can ever tell if it was there is by visual inspection seeing the box in place, otherwise you can't tell. And honestly, if he's the head tech at my local garage that's good enough for me.

Personally I wouldn't risk it till one of the more recognised ford tuners come up with something...

Been waiting for Mountune since 2011, giving up on that :P

Already got a chip-box, but it's set up for a few non-standard bits.

Rcechip have a few videos on youtube, for a chip box i think they seem a pretty good company although i think i shall hold off for a superchips map but hopefully someone gets one of these and posts up a review for us all :)

also interested in some chip tuning. Waiting for some good and TESTED remap :-)

I'm at Collins performance tomorrow having my exhaust fitted so will ask them if they were looking into and remaps...

Spoken with Collins Performance today and they have the software to enable them to remap. Just dropped my car off at their production factory to have the exhaust put on and will be collecting around lunch tomorrow. I'm gonna head back to CP later on the week so will hopefully have a nice 150bhp outta my 1.0 ltr by the end of the weekend :D

Soooo interested in final effect :-)

BTW. what about fords warrianty? new exhaust = warrianty void?

How much for the chip from Collins mate?

Soooo interested in final effect :-)

BTW. what about fords warrianty? new exhaust = warrianty void?

This isn't strictly accurate. The exhaust warranty is void however that's all. If my window mechanism fails or an engine piston fails they'd still be covered under warranty, Ford just wouldn't cover the exhaust failing...

How much for the chip from Collins mate?

Not too sure. I'd expect £300-£500 but I'll confirm a proper figure later this week.

A new exhaust will void the warranty on the exhaust from the point it's installed onwards. So a cat-back system will void everything after the cat, and turbo-back from the turbo and beyond. Not that it makes much difference, they're pretty much a consumable part in effect. Even with a remap, they still have to go through and prove it was the remap that caused part X to malfunction, so it's less scary than is made out.

Spoken with Collins Performance today and they have the software to enable them to remap. Just dropped my car off at their production factory to have the exhaust put on and will be collecting around lunch tomorrow. I'm gonna head back to CP later on the week so will hopefully have a nice 150bhp outta my 1.0 ltr by the end of the weekend :D

Is this from that post i did regardin mongoose? if so those guys work fast ha! cant wait to see some pics and feedback. our little 1.0 engines have some great potential.

• Like 1

Is this from that post i did regardin mongoose? if so those guys work fast ha! cant wait to see some pics and feedback. our little 1.0 engines have some great potential.

200bhp in the Formula cars out of it. 150bhp is peanuts to what the engine can do.

neat video i have just seen here:

• Like 1

Think it may well have been yes! Speaking with the guys at Collins Perfomance who actually own momongoose & racechips the expect a 150bhp mod to be the stage 1 really... :D

neat video i have just seen here:

'Just imagine if it had a Ford warranty'

Well it's pretty pants anyway so no loss :P

200bhp in the Formula cars out of it. 150bhp is peanuts to what the engine can do.

I think the Formula Fords are 200Hp but 1.6L

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club