Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought A S1600

Strax

I've just bought a 3 year old S1600. So far I'm loving it but it has a few niggles that need fixed.

The boot won't open on the switch, only by remote. This looks to be a common problem judging by my quick google. The door rubbers on both sides are coming away at the top. It just adds to the list of stuff I have to give the dealer for them to fix.

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. When moving the passenger seat forward with the handle, it won't slide forward unless I pull the adjustment handle at the front. Does it not work the same way as the drivers seat which slides forward once the seat back moves forward?

Hi Robert welcome to the club from sunny ardrossan lol the boot switch and the door rubbers are common faults on the mk 7. As for the seat I'd have imagined itd be the same for both of them?

I know sunny Ardrossan well being from sunny Saltcoats myself!

I would have thought the seats would have been the same too but I just wanted it verified before getting onto the dealer.

Hope you're liking the car :D good choice! Which colour did you go for?

As for the seats it sounds wrong. You only need the handle at the top of the chair to slide forward - but the chair needs to be fully tilted forward for it to move.

I went for the white with blue stripes. The previous owner had done some 'work' to it which I have removed most of.

I have also got to the cause of the seat problem. The cable that the seatback handle is attached to ends under the seat in a circular spring type thing with a bar sticking out. When the seat handle is pulled it turns this spring and the bar pushes down on the back of the handle that's under the seat and releases the seat. Unfortunately my spring and bar has ended up under the seat adjustment bar so doesn't release the seat. I had a go at trying to move it back into position but no joy. So it looks like a seat out job which I think I will leave to the dealer to sort.

I've noticed the seats in my s1600 once moved using the latch, fix in the position it stops in. Anyone else have the same thing?

That only happens on the passenger side though?

I've noticed the seats in my s1600 once moved using the latch, fix in the position it stops in. Anyone else have the same thing?

Not the same problem, but I ve found that the drivers seat doesn't always return to the exact position when put back. I think it will take a good look at how the mechanism works under the seat to see exactly what happens when you move the seat forward and back.

I'm fairly certain that both seats do not return to their original position, got to a point where it's just the normal thing to have to manually move the seats once I get back in so I don't really notice it any more.

The seat memory is only supposed to be on the drivers seat. It's a bit of a pain having to slightly adjust the seat after every time of letting people in the back of the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club