Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

The xenon loom bit comes from all over the place. You have some which go to the blue connector and some which go directly to the outside with the Y connector you mentioned. That's why I choose just to change the loom. Harder to get in but overall way better way or doing it instead of pinning wires etc.

I think the ones that go directly out are for the leveling sensors. Then the blue connector just carry the configuration info. And the light switch. Don't get me wrong changing the loom is a lot of work.

OK, dismantle center console first, might easiest way to start.

Yh dismantle the centre console screws near the back. Then take everything you can off the steering wheel and the dashboard itself. Side kick panels a pillars. Glove box, panels . Then there are screws all at the bottom the top bit off dash is covered by clips just pull.

I seem to have made the issue worse. I messed with that connector and the airbag light is on now. Going to have to keep messing with it.

I seem to have made the issue worse. I messed with that connector and the airbag light is on now. Going to have to keep messing with it.

Not shut down on ELMconfig or Forscan?

Forscan has a b2227 error. Which is front crash sensor communication fault. So that connector is being a real issue.

What do you mean by mess with it and what connector exactly?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Connector c111 the big connector it behing passenger kick panel.

Connector c111 the big connector it behing passenger kick panel.

And it's black 40pins or so, little Y center of female connector. It's collect all Xenon and lights wire together. :)

Tomorrow i go to buy pair of used headlights(190€/pc) , and try fit with out any wiring.

Black inner or chrome? Still have my connector issue. Have you replaced the wiring ?

My wiring, is still on delivery, comes from GB so i have to wait until it deliver. Black of course, don't like too much chrome. I just make test for lights tomorrow,

Headlights will go all the way down if you don't have everything connected up. And the connectors are hard to take off.

Headlights will go all the way down if you don't have everything connected up. And the connectors are hard to take off.

I know about that. My car connectors from lights are not so hard to take of, because i'd lubricated them, just little bit of silicon, after i cleaned them :)

Thinking ahead. Still trying to find the sensor and bolts. You might get this done before me.

Actually, headlights are 90% black, 10% chrome, Just now little washing. They cave me little discount, 20€ cheaper than normal price, one rubber shield missing on parking lamp.

Closer inspection, Left handside assembly from parking light, is broken. Adapter that hold parking lamp in right position, is cracked. I think someone took too much power to turn lamp right place causing crack to holder, and lamp is wrong place causing again heat more holder. :( Well i go monday another place to take left side lamp assembly.

Yeah those plastic things become fragile after few years and crack easily

It's best you return and get another pair. If you replace only one at a time they make the car look weird. I did it people thought I had an accident.

Are you talking about the colour difference of the light?

No. The older the light the more dirt and marks be on it. I'm doing the lighting mod. Do you know what wires are dlr for the headlight?

It's best you return and get another pair. If you replace only one at a time they make the car look weird. I did it people thought I had an accident.

Return is a problem, they don't accept return, because product they sell, it's as it. Buyer accept terms, on selling situation, and those are from damaged vehicle, but i can live with that :) Here's some testing foto's. D1S is original, park lamp is philips LED's and foglamps, are some chinese led, H11 30W.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club