Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

Searched some internet wonderful world and found maybe cheaper solution to upgrade light performance. Search some eBay and there will sell Hella E55 bixenon projectors less 100€/pair. Little modification or so, that's tuning :), its far better way, buy new headlamps with same plastic reflectors as now has.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Little update, I've bought retrofit brackets for Hella gen 3 projectors, founded on eBay. Why? because Hella's projectors won't fit directly to Visteon mountings. More soon ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Made some winter installement, I add pair of full beam. here's a pic. Xenons has now on garage shelf, waiting projector funds and time :D Had to change halogens back. put only lamps not wiring.

post-52548-0-82373600-1414949382_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Hello again, finally i've get some time and money together :D to order those projectors, few weeks and starting install. I'd palnned to do somekind of instructions at project. Should i do it straight to PDF or just posting here any ideas?

If you post a guide as a PDF then it's easy to download and print.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally projectors arrived, start changing at christmasholiday. Tested those already, and have admit, those are far better than Visteon original projector. Highly recommed for all to buy those and mod lamps :)

post-52548-141900644808_thumb.jpg

Here's foto back in pack :) looks imo cooler with black xenon bezel

post-52548-141953454984_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Ηι.Can i repalce my halogen headlights with genuine henon headlights to my ford focus 2006 MKII without autolevelling? i mean to connect  manual levelling?In other to pic if i understand correct i need to have the 10pin connector to my headlights and i have 7 pin.Where can i find information and how to do that

1 hour ago, firefighter said:

Ηι.Can i repalce my halogen headlights with genuine henon headlights to my ford focus 2006 MKII without autolevelling? i mean to connect  manual levelling?In other to pic if i understand correct i need to have the 10pin connector to my headlights and i have 7 pin.Where can i find information and how to do that

It is possible. You would just need to rewire the headlight a little. Not done it myself but check out this thread.

• Like 1

I've done it on my MK2.5. Had to also swap the motors as they are a different type for manual levelling. You can remove them from your current halogen units though I just got myself another couple of motors cheaply enough so I could leave original halogen set alone.  Makes it easy to reinstall the halogen lights if required.

Your headlight connector is 7pin or 10 pin? .My connector is 7 pin .I can't find step by step instructions to do this.

My connector is 10 pin but they weren't all connected. It's 5 years since I did it so I will have a quick look in the morning, the main modification was the motor wiring and I had to change one of the other connections as well.

• Like 1

Hoping this will help. I bought a pair of genuine HID Xenon headlights from a scrapped Focus ST for my MK2.5. The headlight connector is the same but if your car was not factory fitted with HID headlamps, you will need to change the levelling motors as they are different. The HID levelling motors that are used with auto levelling have 4 wires, the manual motors have 3 wires. First thing is to obtain a pair of manual motors and the white 3 pin connectors from donor headlights. They don't necessarily have to be from  a Focus, I know the MK1 KA appeared to use the same motors for a start.

Then the motors need to be removed from the HID headlights and the 4 connection wires cut. I taped the wires up and kept the motors so they could be reinstalled later if required. Then it is necessary the wire the motors to the connector on the back of the headlight. This can be prised out with a flat blade screwdriver. In addition, pin 6 & 8 need to be connected to provide a ground to the HID ballast. The pin numbers can be seen on the connector.

The diagram below shows the connections:

HID%20Schematic_zpshxp1e2d0.png

The 3 pin motor plug for the manual motor is shown below. The connection numbers can just be seen on the plug but are tiny.

DSCN0467_zpsq3qa2edi.jpg

And finally is a pic of the headlamp cluster connector prised out of the headlamp body with the connections. It's not easy to photograph due to the wiring.

DSCN0468_zpsjjd12rny.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread - which has been very very helpful!!

I've done this mod, allbeit to a cmax which is the same as a focus.

I have an issue - the levelling unit throws an error stating both left and right stepper motors short to ground. I assume the wiring is different because of the jumper harness for halogen lights? Where can I find/remove this?

Also, having issues with rear sensor, all wiring was there upto C118 but the wire colours dont match.. so getting circuit failure there?

edit: i wired in the harness for the HCM plug from scratch but my car had wiring for sensors

thanks for any help

• 1 year later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:18 PM, Swearwolf said:

Sorry to bump an old thread - which has been very very helpful!!

I've done this mod, allbeit to a cmax which is the same as a Focus.

I have an issue - the levelling unit throws an error stating both left and right stepper motors short to ground. I assume the wiring is different because of the jumper harness for halogen lights? Where can I find/remove this?

Also, having issues with rear sensor, all wiring was there upto C118 but the wire colours dont match.. so getting circuit failure there?

edit: i wired in the harness for the HCM plug from scratch but my car had wiring for sensors

thanks for any help

Hi, I’m considering doing the same to my C Max. Did you manage to get everything working?