Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Where i am not clear on things though is how the jets are operated. Are they operated when washing windscreen with lights on? or do they have a separate different switch purely for headlight washers?

Have you not ever used yours before?

What you did explain makes perfect sense. I thought there are some kind of motor or solenoid which pops washer up from bumber but pressure makes more sense. That's what I meant with that dummy jet comment...

My headlamp washers do operate simultaneously every time I use windscreen washer. There are no separate switch for them and I cannot prevent headlamp washers operating even if I would like to.

I will look into wiring issue again but not sure if I have time soon... Thanks for your link I will look into it and try to locate that controller connector!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,650 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

What you did explain makes perfect sense. I thought there are some kind of motor or solenoid which pops washer up from bumber but pressure makes more sense. That's what I meant with that dummy jet comment...

My headlamp washers do operate simultaneously every time I use windscreen washer. There are no separate switch for them and I cannot prevent headlamp washers operating even if I would like to.

I will look into wiring issue again but not sure if I have time soon... Thanks for your link I will look into it and try to locate that controller connector!

I do hope you are able to find it bro you've been of great help to me much valued 

#48 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Name: Sepe
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

Further research, this HID Control Module is called "Electronic Headlamp Control Unit" and it just could be, that unit from AFS lights will work with HID lights if properly reconfigured using ELMConfig... Anyways it is something like this:

PartImage_d90fd3b9-967c-4e8a-ab76-e5e076

According to the schematincs and judging from the picture there is one big connector for this unit. Now, where is it? When I yesterday replaced cabin air filter I saw few unused connectors on center console, but I am not sure if any of them was big enough for this one... It just could be that there are no wires insalled on non-HID Focus...

Hi Jari, same problem here, but have you figured out where module is located? I could post these same text in Finnish, but most of users don't figure what h*ll i just wroted. ;)

#49 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

OK, so has anyone find a place rear connector?

#50 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

The sensor looks something like this

$T2eC16F,!)MFIcBpVj,)BSJhNcLRwg~~60_12.J

This isn't the correct sensor but it looks almost exactly like this.

It connects like this on the front and rear of the suspension

2012-02-22_114622_6.jpg

2012-02-22_114556_7.jpg

The connector labeled as 1 hopefully is sitting there on my car when i have a look tomorrow ;- )

Judging by the photo i think i need to take the wheel off to get a good look, not sure if the wheel arch covers will be an issue though

Have you found cables? I found similar pack of cables with connector near place where levelling sensor should be place. connector looks like attach image shows

EDIT: OK, found cables on wiring schem, they are WH-BK(white, with black line), YE-BK(Yellow, with black line) and BN-YE(Brown, with yellow line). Those three cables are rear sensor and most of cases rest of cable and connector are felt off on production line, but salvage yard propably find car wheres those on it. (sorry my bad english). If I success Retrofit nicely i will take afoort to do instuction manual later on it. (include fotos ELMconfig ETC.) and my Car is Titanium.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014-05-26-804.jpg

Edited by Megado, 26 May 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#51 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,650 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

That is not the sensor connector it looks more like your washer bottle connector. Sensor connector has 3 cables. Brown/blue, white/blue and yellow/blue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#52 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Actually it is sensor connector. Pic is taken right side rear quater panel of floor, where are also abs/esp sensor cables, fuel fired heater pump wires(for diesel engines). and levelling sensor cables ;) i know about washer cables, because i have front lights with washers. And why the h*ll washer bottle is rear? ;) :) :D

#53 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,650 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

EDIT: cannot match the colours clear enough from that pic to me the colours don't match and the plug type is incorrect, both front and rear sensor uses the same type of plug connector.

Unfortunately atm I cannot upload a oic if the connector.

Why is it plugged into sonething? And I only see two cables not 3?

If that is the sensor it should not be plugged into anything else other than the sensor it self

#54 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

According to wiring schem, Autolevelling has 3 cables, to rear sensor, but schem don't tell that there's another set of cable for abs sensor, fuel fired heater etc. on same connector. I searched same wiring schem that found on here at forum. Take a look on page 65 from that and it show you colours of cables. I'd be sorry about pic, it's not so clear. But check after pic was taken, that colours match. Any schem don't truly tell that theres another set of cables on same place, just that part what you search, like AFS/HID or ABS/ESP set.

#55 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,650 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I cannot see a brown/yellow wire with the other two in that photo and I have not actually looked at the rear sensor wiring myself and since I know what the connector looks like I know it has slots for additional wires on the connector therefore I cannot say it is or not however I doubt it is based on the fact its connected to something.

Think about how your going to plug the sensor in when the connector is already in use...

#56 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Yes connector is in use, but have though, that connector can dismantle for another cables, what you saw on pic. There's cable, fuel fired heater (dosepump cables) and DPF pump/levelsensor, and autolevelling sensor for HID/AFS, the little connector is for ABS/ESP. So now i know what i need, id go local salvage yard and take a connetor contains FFH/HID cables :)

#57 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

EDIT: cannot match the colours clear enough from that pic to me the colours don't match and the plug type is incorrect, both front and rear sensor uses the same type of plug connector.

Unfortunately atm I cannot upload a oic if the connector.

Why is it plugged into sonething? And I only see two cables not 3?

If that is the sensor it should not be plugged into anything else other than the sensor it self

In my car there's a Fuel fired Heater, because when car was imported they installed Heater later on it, thats why because Nordic version of the car. Living in Finland, and winters are sometimes very cold. Two cables are for Heater fuelpump.

#58 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Little update for this project. Today is got some parts, Rear and front levelling sensors, Light switch, and HID control module. Sensor aren't good condition, but i made some refurbish, metal parts I cleaned from rust, and painted them black. Here some pics.

Front sensor (Visteon VP3M5F-13D007-CD)

front-sensor.jpg

Rear sensor (Visteon VP3M5F-13D007-BA)

rear-sensor.jpg

Hole setup, (Control Module: 3M51-13K031-AF, and Switch: 7M5T-13A024-GA)

hole setup.jpg

#59 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,650 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Looking good bro. Imnaz said his car did not have a connector for the module not sure if yours will either and I doubt my car will

#60 Megado

Megado

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Looking good bro. Imnaz said his car did not have a connector for the module not sure if yours will either and I doubt my car will

Thanks, mate. where is control box location, haven't find yet, but maybe next finally had time to figure out.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users