Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Xenon Headlamp Retrofit

jon-v8

I didn't do anything on the elm as of yet. I know I need to set the level once all the sensors are in and activate hid mode and lastly activate the washer bottle fluid sensor. I just need that front sensor. Then on a nice day I can install the jets and install the sensors. O and Looney was fuse and relay was it to power the jets? I have a fuse put in. But where does the relay go and what type is it?

I would just get bolts from them, or could just ask them the price and size. But still need to get the front sensor. Can't find it on eBay or anywhee else.

https://www.google.fi/search?q=3m5f-13d007-ba&oq=3m5f-13d007-ba&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Thames part number doesn't come up with anything in the UK.

Sorry for here that, here in Finland we have several sensors, but most of cases, just sensors, not brackets :( I was quite lucky to get one. But not so lucky to get a wiring loom.

What one is the rear sensor? can't tell from the photo.

Everything about the relay is on my build tread on this page here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44105-some-call-her-a-ford-focus-i-call-her-julia/page-11

The exact relay is over ££28 from ford, relay for the horn is 5M5T14B192AA that has the same function and rating of the relay needed for the headlamp washers

I purchased this relay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301175069607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It isn't the correct part number but it has the exact same function and ratings identical of the correct part number relay, even though it states MK1 don't worry this is the correct relay, i have it in my car for over 2 months now working perfectly.

It sits in position R9

post-43258-0-42384500-1398096503_thumb.j
Look at the image R9 with a symbol that looks like full beam and washer jets, the layout may be different in your mk2 but same relay

post-52548-0-11732300-1401467602_thumb.j
post-52548-0-26372700-1401467604_thumb.j

Looks like R9 is for washers.

• Like 1

For me the rear on is the first image I uploaded. Just need the front then I can complete this mod.

Remenber you need bracket also ;)

Yh if I can get one complete I should be ok. I could go for but they would charge £££££££

Looks like R9 is for washers.

Thanks for that photo, now i know for sure what it looks like exactly

I'm not fussed about the switch that i will do after this is all completed, i will need a different switch to the one in the photo, a switch with auto lights.

I got the module and loom, not looking forward to pulling my dashboard apart though!

Nor was I. But had to be done.

Thanks for that photo, now i know for sure what it looks like exactly

I'm not fussed about the switch that i will do after this is all completed, i will need a different switch to the one in the photo, a switch with auto lights.

I got the module and loom, not looking forward to pulling my dashboard apart though!

Autolights switch is same, you have to find RHD version (mine is LHD), don't know for what code it is. I remember discussion about switch, but the old one (manual levelling should be ok, but have to made jumper or something like that), but after all i think it would be easier just find right kind of switch

Edited by Megado

Auto light switch looks like this

AutoLightSwitch.JPG

Xenon auto light switch obviously does not have the manual adjusting knob, i don't think you need to do anything to the switch at all since manual adjusting is not used when in xenon mode it is only used for halogens or AFS.

It must be changed though as it will be an MOT failure, if the switch is there it must be working as the MOT would requre

Xenon switch looks like this

$(KGrHqFHJE4FG)n-SiwiBR)YRTUPMQ~~60_58.J

OK, think it's actually made by wiring on nordic versions, because those parts i get local scrap yard, ther's no auto lights mode on switch. That's why by wiring, because here its illegal to drive without lights of, and if you do you get ticket or warning by the police. My halogen ignite when i turn key to ON position.

Are you talking about daytime running lights or full on lights? Daytime running lights is not active on the UK focus but it is on for other European countries.

This is my dashboard loom its a fully loaded ST3 225 it has everything, wiring for heated seats, xenon module, usb, glove box loom and I think esp button wiring

post-43258-140284405086_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284407423_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284408176_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284409011_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284409971_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284410813_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284411785_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284436362_thumb.jpgpost-43258-140284437206_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Are you talking about daytime running lights or full on lights? Daytime running lights is not active on the UK focus but it is on for other European countries.

This is my dashboard loom its a fully loaded ST3 225 it has everything, wiring for heated seats, xenon module, usb, glove box loom and I think esp button wiring

attachicon.gif1402844049791.jpgattachicon.gif1402844073392.jpgattachicon.gif1402844081035.jpgattachicon.gif1402844089400.jpgattachicon.gif1402844098930.jpgattachicon.gif1402844107375.jpgattachicon.gif1402844117044.jpgattachicon.gif1402844362570.jpgattachicon.gif1402844371207.jpg

Actually yes DRL, but still what i get from salvage Focus with xenon has a only that switch what you saw, in my posted pics. Finland most of ST focuses are still in tack, and most of it they are fitted with halogens for reason lack of money when they bought as new.

Edited by Megado

That makes sense. As you can see from the photo with the module rewiring will be difficult everything is heavily pack together and i've notice this loom has 2 wires missing from the headlight switch.

Mine has everything else (heated seat, esp button, usb (not connected) etc) but no wiring for module :'( or there is but i've don't find it yet.

Rewiring is not problem, all i need wiring for module.

Edited by Megado

I installed the jets. The jets are louders then the older one. The headlight jets don't work?? And there was marking on the bumper. So I didn't have to do free hand.

That's very handy to have markings. You need the relay and fuse plus activation with elmconfig for it to work

I put fuse and relay. Forgot about elm config.

I installed the jets. The jets are louders then the older one. The headlight jets don't work?? And there was marking on the bumper. So I didn't have to do free hand.

Yep, ELMconfig, and jets works only when full lights are on (mine works then, not DRL mode, i think ford plan was save some washer fluid etc.)

Anyone interest to find british salvage yard st225 loom for me? Quite desperate i know :oops:

I'm looking for a front sensor. So maybe we can sort something out since you area has the sensor I need.

The relay was 4.56 from Ford. The jets got stuck so I have to do some more cutting on the gap.

136 for the front sensor. Waaaaaaayyyyyy to expensive. It's like the brackets are made of gold.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club