#1 gadgetman

gadgetman

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium x 1.6tdci

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

This is the first diesel i have had,unsure of running in.
Ford advise gentle running in,but vary the speed.Other diesel forums say thrash it.
Unsure of correct way.Can anyone shed some light on this.Car has now covered only 370 miles.Have taken it upto 55-60mph.
Cheers for any info.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

This subject caused a right argument on here not long ago. Modern cars dont really need a running in procedure but keeping the revs down for the first 1000 miles ie try and change up with revs around 2000-2500 rpm for the first 1000 miles. 60mph in 5th is a safe speed. Its engine speed you need to take care with over vehicle speed. I hope wording it this way doesnt result in the bother we had last time.

#3 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

This subject caused a right argument on here not long ago. Modern cars dont really need a running in procedure but keeping the revs down for the first 1000 miles ie try and change up with revs around 2000-2500 rpm for the first 1000 miles. 60mph in 5th is a safe speed. Its engine speed you need to take care with over vehicle speed. I hope wording it this way doesnt result in the bother we had last time.

That makes perfect sense to me. :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users