Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Tell Me What This Is?

Hyrule

Ok so relatively new owner, had my focus for just over a week now.

Can anyone tell me what this is, found it unattached to anything, under my passengers seat.

20130605_204542_zps419c7cc3.jpg

20130605_204548_zps5a4d1cdd.jpg

20130605_204552_zpscd60029d.jpg

Its a blower/vent for the air circulation. They can be easily kicked off accidently

if you look under the seat you will see where its pushes back on

should be one under each seat

Ah great your are star, was wondering what the heck it was.lol

Cheers

Sorry another noobish question, slowly reading through the manual. Just had a question about the lights on a MK2.5, and rather than start a new thread just adding it to this one.

When set to position B, the rear tail lights and the side lights (ones at the furthest edge of the main headlight) at the front should come on?

Currently when I set it to position B, the rear tail lights come on but nothing on the front. Could this indicate the bulbs need replacing at the front or is this how it should work.

Lights_zps6b913d63.jpg

Turn on your lights to C and take a look at your headlights.

Dipped and side lights should both be on.

If your side lights still aren't lit then suspect either thr bulbs are both blown or more likely the fuse in the footwell board is blown.

Full MK 2.5 fuse board layouts are in your owners manual or for quick reference there's a link below my signature picture of the fuseboard layout in PDF format.

Yeah side lights don't come on, just the dipped beams. The footwells have LED's in them which i put in recently. Should I try changing the bulbs in the sidelights first to rule those out then look at the fuse?

I'd look at the fuse first, the sidelights will mean removing the headlights to get access.

Always best to go for the easiest option first.

I'd look at the fuse first, the sidelights will mean removing the headlights to get access.

Always best to go for the easiest option first.

Ok just found it weird, the tail lights come on without issue just not the sides and according tot he manual they run off the same fuse:

If the fuse is blown, should be a blackened colour?

fusessidelights_zpsa8012646.jpg

Blown fuses aren't always as obvious as you'd hope.

Sometimes it's almost un-noticeable without close scrutiny.

A good ides is to replace fuses with indicator ones from Halfords, they illuminate when blown for easy diagnosis (not cheap but worth it imho).

It's rare for both side bulbs to blow at the same time although main bulbs tend to blow one after the other, maybe one has been gone for quite a while but wasn't noticed?

So popped home on my lunchbreak and replaced both fuses. No change.

So popped the headlight out using this great

. The sidelight lollipop stick however did break a little but I figured out an easy way to get them out with some long pliers afterwards, so didnt break the other side.

This is what the sidelight bulbs look like............Toasty :D

20130606_134740_zps1bb7fcd2.jpg

So i'll take this opportunity to replace them both. Can just about make out GW W5W on part of the bulb so i guess any w5w sidelight bulb will suffice. Any advantages of putting a white LED instead or should I just stick with a replacement bulb?

IMO mate LED side lights would be the way to go as they use less power and give out whiter light and alos look great on the car mate.

Stick with normal bulbs in your headlights. but yeah any w5w will do.

- i say normal bulbs as if you use leds (which no doubt has plastic on it) and is close the headlight...they could melt... not saying they will...they could]

Plus there is a legality issue of brightness and pattern etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club