2 replies to this topic

#1 knighton

knighton

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hi, thought i'd open a can of worms. I would like to know your opinions on the best brand of fuel that i should be using on my new fiesta. All the usual leaflets and stuff that come with the car recommend BP. So what do you think. I am using Sainsburys at the mo.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

As there are only a few refineries in Britain all the fuel in the stations will be from these refineries. So basically the fuel you will get from Sainsburies will be the same fuel you will get from a leading fuel chain. Supermarkets buy their fuels from the cheapest supplier so you might well be buying BP fuel one visit and Shell the next. The difference is the additives that leaders like Shell and BP put in them to clean engines etc. This is how supermarkets keep the price down by not putting the additives in the fuel. However, my focus runs, and has always run, much better on Tesco City Diesel. Better acceleration and mpg than even BP Diesel Extra.

#3 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hi, thought i'd open a can of worms. I would like to know your opinions on the best brand of fuel that i should be using on my new fiesta. All the usual leaflets and stuff that come with the car recommend BP. So what do you think. I am using Sainsburys at the mo.

All fuels are made to a standard so they're all ok. The only difference is 'some' companies add other additives in their fuels hence charge slightly more.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users