Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

nazsky786

Missing Engine Check Light

Hello,

I did the dashboard test, and ran the led check but for some reason I don't have a engine check light symbol. Wait for it I think it been covered up. Cuz when u see the coil light it's been cut off like there is paper in the way. So I'm thinking the machanic has done me over by just covering the light with paper.

I just need to know does my car it's the mk2 2005 focus. Have a engine check light and if it does is it above the coil light? This is a petrol btw.

Regards

Sure does. Does it not show when turning ignition on? your owners manual will show position. i finish work at 1900hrs so i can take a photo if needs be.

Lol. It turns out is was covered. It was cover with black electrical tape. The light turns on with ign but turn off when u start car.

It's really easy to cover lights. I only found out because another light was half covered. So lucky I seen it. Next time I buy a car I'm gonna check everything. There was no need to cover it that's wat I don't get. I'm going to call the dealers and ask y?

If the dealer bought the car from trade they probably didn't notice it. Had similar with the wife's car. The airbag and electrical fault light weren't coming on when you first switched the ignition on. I didn't notice it when we first bought it. I took it back and it turned out it needed a new airbag module and passenger seat pre-tensioner.

If the dealer bought the car from trade they probably didn't notice it. Had similar with the wife's car. The airbag and electrical fault light weren't coming on when you first switched the ignition on. I didn't notice it when we first bought it. I took it back and it turned out it needed a new airbag module and passenger seat pre-tensioner.

Thats shocking mate! must really take a different kind of person to flog a car knowing that vital safety systems arent functioning!

Think I was fortunate that the trader I bought from honored the 3 month warranty and made sure it was sorted before we got it back. It is a Renault, so you should expect issues with cheaply built French cars. I wouldn't want one myself although it is very economical.

I removed the cluster which was really easy would have thought Ford would make it hard. One out you remove the front black glass bit that protects the dials then u lift up the marking sheet and there it is black tape. Removed it and it comes on with ign then turns off. So I don't really see why it was covered in the first place. Unless the dealers didn't want me to take out any warrenty claims. But cars runs fine. It was just supriseing that my car never had a engine light. Then I did the led test and u see that the other light was half cut so I was thinking something was wrong and there was a gap. It was the actual led that was covered so u would never know unless you open it up.