Show
Photo
- - - - -

Ford Can't Fix My New Fiesta! - Advice Please ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The member the forum deserves but not the one it needs right now

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2014

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Please keep us posted. I am very interested in any legal wranglings.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yeah no comment with Hendy... for now!

Good luck with it all sounds like a complete farce though and having been in a similar situation I know how frustrating it is! Ford CRC is also a complete waste of time. If I wanted to know what the dealer had to say I'd call them not Ford CRC to sit on hold for half an hour to be told what the dealer would have told me! Typical!

All this quoting of law reminds me I've still got 5,000 words to write in my law assignment for the Merchant Navy - damn!

I shudder at the thought. I am currently enjoying the summer break having finished my final exam last month. My classification is out at the end of June and fingers crossed I am on for a strong 2:1. So glad to be free of the hassle. Soon I should be The Dark Knight LLB (Hons) - lol

I start the LPC in September as I plan to become a solicitor.

#18 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the ideas folks. I'll report back any progress.

It's ironic, because apart from this "little setback" which also exposes the pitiful customer service, it's a lovely car !

#19 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Name: Nicolas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Racing Red
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

not too worry you, but when i orderd my Fiesta i asked about the deflation system and the dealer which is a friend of the family told me not too take it because it would be a waste of money. They don't work correctly or, precisely i should say. And they were having problems with it.

#20 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

not too worry you, but when i orderd my Fiesta i asked about the deflation system and the dealer which is a friend of the family told me not too take it because it would be a waste of money. They don't work correctly or, precisely i should say. And they were having problems with it.

I can understand that the "software" DDS approach might not be as sophisticated as the system that uses sensors in each wheel, but when specifying the car decided it might be better than nothing!

I know that the same technique can work tolerably well on other cars.

#21 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

They don't work properly, my ST2 has the system on and I spent all day yesterday with them trying to get it to work, in the end the guy said, 'Yeah there's no getting this piece of junk working at all is there...' which is always telling. Going in on Monday to have a word with my dealership manager about it, personally I'm really not bothered as it was just thrown in as a freebie, but I'll see what happens :P

#22 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Finally (after 3 months), an update!

Urgent call today from the dealer; they've heard from Ford that there is a potential fix for the DDS issue, and they want me to book the car in.

So, in just over a week I should learn of they have managed to fix the DDS.

In the meanwhile, I notice that Ford ETIS database entry for my car has now started showing an "Outstanding Field Service Action", 3S520 - FIESTA - TYRE DEFLATION DETECT SYSTEM (DDS).

#23 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Latest update to the Deflation Detection System saga :

After 4 hours at local dealer to implement the Ford fix, the dashboard now apparently "lights up like a Christmas tree" and they're afraid to let me have the car back. Basically, they seemed to have trashed the software. Now with courtesy car.

Dealer promises to contact Ford field service rep on Monday in attempt to work out what to do!

Also, coincidentally, got formal recall letter today from Ford explaining that there was a problem with the DDS system and my dealer needed to examine it.

#24 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Reject the car as not fit for purpose.  If they refuse, take legal action.   The car is just 3 months old and you should not be in this position.

"The consumer returns the goods in the first six months from the date of sale and requests a repair or replacement or a partial refund. In that case, the consumer does not have to prove the goods were faulty at the time of sale. It is assumed that they were. If the retailer does not agree, it is for the retailer to prove that the goods were satisfactory at the time of sale. This comes from Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003"

http://www.honestjoh...onsumer-rights/

#25 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Reject the car as not fit for purpose.  If they refuse, take legal action.   The car is just 3 months old and you should not be in this position.

Well, yes and no. You're right, I could reject the car. Been there, done that before with a new car that had piston slap.

On the other hand, apart from this defect, it's a good car, so I don't want to "cut off my nose to spite my face". What's best for me is to have it working properly, now.

"Bricking" one of the computers has now rather forced their hand, they will have to resolve something promptly.

#26 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Keep us posted though because they can't keep inconveniencing you by keeping your car and adding to the problems by faffing about with computer. The fact your car is otherwise ok wouldn't stop rejection IMO as per Rogers v Parish.

P.S, I was awarded my degree yesterday so I am now The Dark Knight LL.B (Hons) :-)

Always happy to help

#27 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,475 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Congrats Dave. Letters after your name, wow.

#28 fasty

fasty

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

Indeedy, congratulations Dave !

#29 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,489 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Stoney871 (BSC, SSC, G.I.T) ;)

#30 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Cheers. I like Stoney's G.I.T lol. I bet my friends would say I should have I.D.I.O.T lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users