Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strictly A Town Car

The Dark Knight

On Monday my car went in for the front passenger footwell carpet (needs a new one). They gave me a bog standard fez 12 plate Edge. The interior was flimsy and cheap looking but it looked like it had been hammered a bit to be fair lol.

I assume this was the 1.25 engine as the paperwork stated 60hp. This would be ok as a town car but I had to join the A38 to get to work and as many will know, there is an incline when you join the northbound carriageway at the Little Eaton island. In this situation, this car was bordering on dangerous.

It took an absolute age to reach 70 even when flooring it. I haven't felt such sloth like pace since the first car I owned which was a 1999 T reg Fiesta 1.8D (no turbo).

Has anyone else driven one of these 1.25 fiesta's?

Can't say I've had the pleasure, every car I've had is a 1.4 Zetec >.<

Yes I have had the pleasure of driving a 1.25 60PS Studio with wind up windows, stick the key in the door to unlock it and the woeful performance. As you say it is bordering on the verge of dangerous; completely gutless and painfully slow to get to 60MPH. I know it has probably been made to satisfy the Insurance Group 1 rating, but it is downright dangerous. Trying to go up a hill on the M3 towards London saw me down to around 45MPH with lorries overtaking me!

Heeey, my 1.3L 1999 Fiesta Finesse was a speedy little gocart! Obviously needed to rag it a bit for some decent acceleration, but that was 69bhp new and supposed top speed of 99, had it at 116,

Was nothing in comparison to my newer 1.6 Focus of course, but was a fantastic first car to own.

really :s

mines a 61 plate 1.25 60ps fiesta studio... Mines fine getting to 70mph. i must say it does struggle at hills but when the engines warmed up its fine. i wouldnt say there dangerous.. and its get to 70mph fine like i said which is all you need.

70 is all you need legally and it gets there but how long it takes was the problem. Short slip roads which I use to get on the A38 near home would genuinely be scary in that car. No doubt part of it comes down to what you get used to. If I drove a Nissan GTR and the came back to the fez, it would feel like a sloth on mogadon lol!

Not having a go at the car in itself, just pointing out that it really is a good town car and too slow under acceleration for effective use on the open road. I could for example say that the Lamborghini Aventador is an awful town car and is strictly for the open road. Still a good car.

As stated above, my first car was a 1.8 diesel fez with no turbo. 0-60 took 18 seconds lol. I actively avoided dual carriageways and it never went on the motorway. Only kept it 10 months and part chopped it for a focus 1.6.

Yes, it depends what you are used to - i drove a 900cc fiat and i thought the timimg had slipped ot it was faulty (would not climb hills, very slow to accelerate, throttle was like an "elastic band")- turns out thats what they were like!

Did you know the Aventador has a 2 second 50-70mph in top? carbon-ceramic brakes are standard equipment but power seats are not :lol:

I have a 1.25 (82), i think this just generally pulls, yeah it isn't a race car or setting any records! but still better (A lot) than my old 1.25 Grande Punto!

• Like 1

well considering i went from a renault clio 182 2.0 182bhp to this.. its fine for motorway and slip roads

Well we all have our own opinions so that's fine. I am sticking to my original post though, it is too underpowered and slow for the open roads but not a bad car in itself. As I say, a quality supercar would be terrible in town but horses for courses and all that.

• Like 1

Well we all have our own opinions so that's fine. I am sticking to my original post though, it is too underpowered and slow for the open roads but not a bad car in itself. As I say, a quality supercar would be terrible in town but horses for courses and all that.

You say that, but drive a Noble M600, lovely town car :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club