Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery Delays

Traquare

Hi everyone, I'm new!

I ordered my Fiesta Titanium X 1.6 Powershift in Hot Magenta (Is a Motability car, but with no modifications), in April, and was given a delivery date of 26th June.

Then, I received a phone call from my dealer the other day, saying because it's Automatic (has to be for medical reasons), and my exact model is available in America, they are struggling to get hold of an Automatic gearbox!!! He said they have an estimated build date for the end of this month, then it'll take 3 weeks to get here.

However after reading some posts on here about delays with the Zetec S in White, I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to drag on for much longer than what they've told me... :(

Anyone else in a similar position?

Thanks guys!

Tracey x

No I haven't got the same problem yet, but I've got a titanium x on order for the 29th June, just now getting a little worried lol from reading your post.

No I haven't got the same problem yet, but I've got a titanium x on order for the 29th June, just now getting a little worried lol from reading your post.

Hi is the one you have ordered an automatic? As my delay is only caused by supply issues of the Automatic Transmission x

From past experience and from current vw's there are usually estimates, it's only when you get confirmed build can you get an accurate date, while its an estimated build it can keep changing.

From past experience and from current vw's there are usually estimates, it's only when you get confirmed build can you get an accurate date, while its an estimated build it can keep changing.

I can't remember the dealer's exact words, whether he said 'estimated' build date or just build date. Don't really know what to do now...

If it's gonna be anymore than another 6 or so weeks, then I need to think about cancelling :(

I ordered my white zetec s in second week of may and I got told that it was scheduled to be built on 1st of June and that it wo

Update be delivered on 6th July I was hoping to get it delivered early as I have to tax my car at the end of June but I can't see that happening now

If it makes you feel any better, Polos were always 20 weeks as were golf estates. The dealer should be able to give you an exact date once it becomes confirmed. I cannot remember the exact dealer speak for it but there comes a time where you can amend the the and then it changes to confirmed, once built it usually takes 3 weeks from factory to uk.

Is there any reason why you don't want to wait any longer, is it just the time involved ?

I ordered my Mk7 in May 2009 and didn't see the keys until the September!

I wouldn't be so quick to cancel, it'll be worth the wait.

I've got a build date of the 11th & delivery 29th. So lets hope all's well .

orderd mine at the end of april and it arrived a week ago. Was supposed to arrive only in another 4 to 6 Months. But i'm in France and germany is not too far =)

The reason I can't wait much longer, is because my current car's MOT is due at end of July, and I'm pretty sure it will need quite a bit spending on it!

Just been told that it 'should' be 3rd week of July... Fingers crossed!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

My car is FINALLY getting built tomorrow!! Let's just hope the ship doesn't sink!!!!!! :D :driving:

Great news =D. I think that would make anyone feel alot better lol. Yeah i'll pray for you that the ship doesn't sink XD

Great news =D. I think that would make anyone feel alot better lol. Yeah i'll pray for you that the ship doesn't sink XD

Haha thanks!! I can't believe it's really happening!!! :D :wub:

Spoke to the dealer today. I've got the reg and vin number. I'm still hoping for collection on Saturday. But the dealer hasn't had the car delivered to the dealership tho. :(

So I've got my fingers and every thing else crossed lol.

I ordered a Fiesta Titanium Powershift at the end of January for delivery at end of March/beginning of April through a broker. Something happened to the dealer and the sale fell through first week in April. The car had to be re-ordered from Ford and finally arrived today.

So a very long and frustrating wait but well worth it. Very pleased with the car. Candy blue looks striking and it drives soooo much better than my previous 14 year old car.

John.

Spoke to the dealer today. I've got the reg and vin number. I'm still hoping for collection on Saturday. But the dealer hasn't had the car delivered to the dealership tho. :(

They usually arrive the day before you're due to pick them up x

I have ordered my Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost Titanium Hot Magenda, on 1st of April, with estimated time 2nd week of May. I received a call from my dealer, a week after the order and after I paid a large payment in advance and told me that there is a production delay so I would get the car on 20th June. The car came on 19th of June at customs (Greece) and on 24th of June was in the dealer's agency. The delaer was trying to delay the delivery with many tricks and he wasn't answering my calls. I read in news' web sites that the dealer company agreed in a bank debt settlement of 300 million euros!!! So I was sure that there was a problem. After a lot of pressing and talking with managers, I got the car on 28th, but they were refusing to install me the alarm and park assist (as agreed) and install it some other time. I told them that I would send a mail to Ford and they finally gave me the car. It was very unrespectful behaviour that damages Ford. When I got the car I realised that, there were about 200 hundred brand new cars Focus, Fiesta etc that were expecting to be delivered. I think because the debt the have paused the car deliveries.... I hope Ford will see at things like this. Apart from all this..... the car is amazing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, did you get yours yet @2nd Ford E+??? I'm STILL waiting for mine!!!! x :unsure:

Yeah picked mine up on the 29th of June. I'm absolutely loving the fez . I'm glad I chopped down from the focus. And I got it in time for the free congestion zone :) for 3 years

Yeah picked mine up on the 29th of June. I'm absolutely loving the fez . I'm glad I chopped down from the focus. And I got it in time for the free congestion zone :) for 3 years

Awesome!!! Did you get it on the same day it arrived at the Dealer?? x

• Like 1

No dealer got it Friday I collected it Saturday

Hot Megeta, good choice. :) Here is a nice picture of mine. i cleaned and took to illfracombe harbor. It'll get you more excited because the car sticks out and get's looks.1074945_10200160384993139_1557861512_o.j

You will get question's such as, is your car Pink, Red, or Purple? I just say all three. :P

Here she is...!!

I FINALLY got to meet Fifi the Fiesta yesterday!!

However it will be another week before I get to bring her home =\

Will be worth the wait tho!!!! :) :D

post-44207-0-75073000-1373725066_thumb.j

post-44207-0-75047400-1373725101_thumb.j

post-44207-0-59106100-1373725131_thumb.j