Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Problem With Electric Windows/mirror Controls

ernesteng

I've got a strange problem with the control panel on the driver's side door which controls the mirrors as well as the electric windows,

1. The controls work in reverse: front and back are mixed up, and so are left and right. Applies to both for windows as well as the wing mirror adjustments. Both still function and operate normally, just that it's rather annoying.

2. The child safety lock button on the same control panel DOES NOT seem to work, and I had a scare when my daughter reached out of her toddler car seat and managed to open the door whilst we were driving. Clearly this is not just annoying but a security problem - I'm using the manual child lock for now.

I'm wondering if:

- the two problems are linked

- if this could have been caused by the garage which fixed a broken (driver's side) wing mirror very recently.

Thanks for any comments received

It does sound like they've got the wires swapped around somehow, I'd take it back to the garage and make a fuss.

This might sound stupid, but when they had the panel off to fix the mirror, did they put the switch back in upside down?

Check the wiring connector on the underside of the switch unit - it's probably been put back the wrong way round.

and put the child locks on,on the door and not to relie on the button.