Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chip Caused This?

o0sparky0o

Hi all,

I own a 2010 Ford Focus Zetec S in white. Just noticed this the other day on the rear wheel arch passenger side. I took it to my local ford dealer as im sure this would come under the guarantee???

He told me that it will need to be inspected because to him it looks like a stone chip that has caused it and if that's the case then I will not be covered.

Just wondered what anyone's opinion is and if i'm not covered how much am I looking at paying to sort it?

Thanks.

Mark

post-32699-0-57059300-1370794278_thumb.j

Hi mate i have the exact same thing happen on my mk2.5 zetec S 2010!! They are chancers!

Edited by jeebowhite
removed a naughty word

Ive same problem on both sides of my 2008 focus, ford wouldn't cover it sayin it was wear and tear when clearly its due to the bumper rubbing off quarter panel

Agreed , looks like the bumper has caused that damage

It seems to be an issue on the 3 doors, yeah i reckon thats the reason too! Vibrations from driving are causing the panels to rub!

I bought my car second hand from a ford dealer how would i approach them about this issue?

Any idea how much independent repairers would charge to fix this ?

I have a 5 door but i will have a look later and see how it looks, it's no stone ship for sure

same on the mk2 5 door i used a touch up kit to fix it then bought helicopter film to protect the areas

Forgot to say your car is lovely sparky! I really wanted the white but so rare in northern ireland! So settled with silver! :)

So far on my 2010 5 door ZS no rust. It does have some very uneven paint on the corners/edges though.

Looking at the pics, your panels seems closer than mine, uneven panel gaps suggest impacts!

post-43258-0-23493600-1370805848_thumb.j

post-43258-0-83974100-1370805860_thumb.j

post-43258-0-35341700-1370805873_thumb.j

same on the mk2 5 door i used a touch up kit to fix it then bought helicopter film to protect the areas

Having the same problem on both sides on my 2005 MK2. "helicopter film" is a clear film? I believe I have some 3M clear film somewhere. I just used touch up kit last year - but it have come back again.

IMG_8128web_zps9b52f633.jpgIMG_8123web_zpsa7e11aa5.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club