Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All New Fiesta 1.6 TDCI specific question

tt07

We have our All new Fiesta which is great in many ways and the fact that you can get two Starbucks cups in the cup holders is a bonus, something the Golf nor my Passat could/can do...small things.

Anyway my question is it sounds like the engine Fan is on regardless of engine temperature so when you shut the engine down you can hear the fan spool down equally on start up the fan spool's up, just sounds like it's on all the time.

Normal or Fault?

Now you come to mention it, when I park my car in the garage at night, I drive in with my window open (dont know why) and I have notice the fan being on too but thought that was just because I have just driven home from work (5 mins away) would the fan have cut in for such a short journey? mmm another little puzzle that needs solving now lol.

First of all, I am a new member here and I am an Norwegian. So please do not pay to much attention to the language mistakes I might make.

I have the same problem with the engine fan. The fan was running even when the temp was 20 c below, as it often happens here in Norway. I asked my Ford dealer about this, and he said that if I turned off the AC, the fan would not be running. I turned off the AC yesterday, and so far the fan has not been running.

Air con on?

If air con is on the fan will run continuously

Ah yes, now I hate the fact that if the dial is set on window only, the A/C automatically comes on and I am forever forgetting its on, so maybe thats the answer then.

Thanks for the replies it's good in one respect that it seems "normal" therefore I will make the assumption it has not long term implications as I tend to run the Air-Con all the time and just leave it on Auto so I guess it's going to be on all the time :-)

Does anyone know why it needs to run all the time? Just be nice to understand the logic, seems a bit odd that the A/C unit runs that hot it needs constant airflow.

Thanks for the replies it's good in one respect that it seems "normal" therefore I will make the assumption it has not long term implications as I tend to run the Air-Con all the time and just leave it on Auto so I guess it's going to be on all the time :-)

Does anyone know why it needs to run all the time? Just be nice to understand the logic, seems a bit odd that the A/C unit runs that hot it needs constant airflow.

I queried this and my dealer told me that it's the temperature sensor on the EATC so it's normal for it to be running all the time apparently.

The only time this goes off is a few minutes after you've taken the key out of the ignition but it will restart the moment you get back in your car.

Sometimes I can hear mine over the radio but I guess it's just because I've not got the stereo loud enough!!!!! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club