Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towbar Wiring

MARLEY

I am currently rewiring my towbar electrics and I'm also adding a 12s plug too (white one).

To save running several 12 volt feeds to it can I simply run 1 direct from battery to supply its power ??

If this is possible then what amp wire shall I use ??

Many thanks

Paul

hi I have just wired up my car for caravanning. you will need to run a 40amp cable from the fuse box passenger well to the rear of the car. I fitted a towing relay because this dose all the work rather than running up to 4 cables from the front. you can use the spare orange wire in the right hand side of the boot and change the fuse for a 30amp. but you may need more current than it can supply safely. I used this wire to power up the running lights via a canbus relay.

anyway I would run the one wire. the fuse box will drop down and you can connect to a main feed wire from the battery ( a permanent live ) bare a small portion of the wire and solder this connection and put on plenty of insulation. leave your self a few inches of wire and fit an inline fuse. remove the fuse until all your wiring has been fitted. run the wire to a caravan towing relay and the numbers on the relay relate to the pin numbers on your 12s socket.

hope this helps simon

hi I have just wired up my car for caravanning. you will need to run a 40amp cable from the fuse box passenger well to the rear of the car. I fitted a towing relay because this dose all the work rather than running up to 4 cables from the front. you can use the spare orange wire in the right hand side of the boot and change the fuse for a 30amp. but you may need more current than it can supply safely. I used this wire to power up the running lights via a canbus relay.

anyway I would run the one wire. the fuse box will drop down and you can connect to a main feed wire from the battery ( a permanent live ) bare a small portion of the wire and solder this connection and put on plenty of insulation. leave your self a few inches of wire and fit an inline fuse. remove the fuse until all your wiring has been fitted. run the wire to a caravan towing relay and the numbers on the relay relate to the pin numbers on your 12s socket.

hope this helps simon

this info has saved me a lot of work running wires through car,

So basically run I wire at 40amp with a 30amp fuse and this will supply fridge/ charger etc ?

Regards

Paul

if you pull off the lower door trims you can push the wire all the way without taking your car to bits. in the boot lower trim remove 4 black plugs first then they all the panels pull off. 2 torx screws hold the sides . remove the screws and you will then gain enough access without taking them off just pull them out a bit. make a hole in the grommet in the floor you will see it push your wire through cable tie it out of the way of your exhaust pipe .

• Like 1

if you pull off the lower door trims you can push the wire all the way without taking your car to bits. in the boot lower trim remove 4 black plugs first then they all the panels pull off. 2 torx screws hold the sides . remove the screws and you will then gain enough access without taking them off just pull them out a bit. make a hole in the grommet in the floor you will see it push your wire through cable tie it out of the way of your exhaust pipe .

thanks again Simon, will keep you updated on my progress

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club