Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which wheel cleaner?

knighton

I am going to by Autoglym alloy cleaner as well as the sealant, but there is 2 to chose from depending on the type of ally wheel finish. I have a New Fiesta titanium with the standard wheels that come with it. Does anyone know what the finish would be. Example being chrome, lacquered, polished aluminium, anodised, chromium, painted and plastic trimmed wheels. Or is there any other cleaners and sealents that are better?

I am going to by Autoglym alloy cleaner as well as the sealant, but there is 2 to chose from depending on the type of ally wheel finish. I have a New Fiesta titanium with the standard wheels that come with it. Does anyone know what the finish would be. Example being chrome, lacquered, polished aluminium, anodised, chromium, painted and plastic trimmed wheels. Or is there any other cleaners and sealents that are better?

I sometimes use Simoniz alloy wheel cleaner if the wheels are caked in dirt etc which seems to work OK. Generally though, I wash them with Triplewax shampoo, leather off in the normal way and if necessary buff them up with a soft cloth.

When we got the Fiesta, I took the wheels off, gave them a polish then applied 3 coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant to each wheel. The advantage of this is that you will not need to use wheel cleaner to clean them, just normal car shampoo will do the trick. You'll need a brush though to clean between the spokes and the inside rim as you'll not get far with your fingers as the gap is too small, when for me it is anyway..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club