Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help!!! Damsel In Distress!!!

grembo

I posted on here the other day about a strange whining noise coming from my Fiesta Zetec S TDCI car. It's worse when I slow down and just before I come to a stand still. I noticed it just after I purchased it and took it straight back to the garage and they said they'd sort it. A week later I picked it up and the problem hadn't been solved - they said it was because the tires are low profile and are a cheap make. The noise is still there, but to be honest I don't think it is the tires, I think they were just fobbing me off until the warranty runs out!

I've spoken to a couple of mechanics and they said they sound like it's the main bearing in the gear box! (I should be getting it looked at by a Ford mechanic later) for second opinion.

The garage where I purchased it are having it back Friday to look at it again.

The car has only done 47,000 miles! :(((

When you get your second opinion get it in writing, then you have something to show the dealer you got the car from, if he tries to fob you off again, get his name and tell him that WHEN you take this up with ford's customer services his name will be passed on to them.

You need to stick to your guns with them and refuse to be fobbed off

If you roll down a hill out of gear is the noise still there?

If you roll down a hill out of gear is the noise still there?

Hi, yes I just tried it and the noise is still there. :(

I would be tempted to say the wheel bearing oddly, as when you coast down a hill, gearbox and wheels are seperatem but then again I suppose the gearbox is still spinning...

definitely get that second opinion sooner and in writing...

Better still, get a second opinion from another Ford Dealer if you can get them to have a look...

Welcome to the club by the way :)

I too would second guess at wheel bearing , if noise is still there when it's out of gear.

Hi, yes I just tried it and the noise is still there. :(

Thanks all for your input! The problem has now been solved free of charge!! It was the two front tires! They were such a cheap, crap make that when they took them off to change them they were all buckled out of shape!!!!! It drives nice and quiet now thank god!! :) one happy lady at last!!

• Like 1

Glad you got your problem fixed and free of charge at that :)

Wow they must have brought them from pound land , if they were that bad. , glad you got it sorted

Nice one on getting it sorted. My place of work have had a nightmare getting ford to service their fleet, wouldn't go to them for anything.

List of recent Ford mechanic mess ups:

• Went in for a service, they left a pipe loose and it drained all the oil by the time we got it back to the office 2 miles away, had to get it toed back to Ford, where we were then charged an additional £300 to fix.
  • Exhaust replaced on another van. 2 months later, failed the MOT (At Ford) for the exhaust not being properly secured.
  • Was quoted £1200 to replace the clutch on a 2009 Ford Transit Connect, went elsewhere (Mr. Clutch) and was quoted £300, went back to Ford and told them their price was ridiculous, and we were requoted £350 - WHAT!
  • Also, I was quoted £600 to replace the cam belt on my old 2003 Focus. Got it done elsewhere for £160.
  • Quoted £220 for a basic service, got it for £60 elsewhere (where more was actually replaced/checked.

Wouldn't touch Ford mechanics with a barge pole! Useless fools.

**edited for swearing**

Nice one on getting it sorted. My place of work have had a nightmare getting ford to service their fleet, wouldn't go to them for anything.

List of recent Ford mechanic mess ups:

• Went in for a service, they left a pipe loose and it drained all the oil by the time we got it back to the office 2 miles away, had to get it toed back to Ford, where we were then charged an additional £300 to fix.
  • Exhaust replaced on another van. 2 months later, failed the MOT (At Ford) for the exhaust not being properly secured.
  • Was quoted £1200 to replace the clutch on a 2009 Ford Transit Connect, went elsewhere (Mr. Clutch) and was quoted £300, went back to Ford and told them their price was ridiculous, and we were requoted £350 - WHAT!
  • Also, I was quoted £600 to replace the cam belt on my old 2003 Focus. Got it done elsewhere for £160.
  • Quoted £220 for a basic service, got it for £60 elsewhere (where more was actually replaced/checked.

Wouldn't touch Ford mechanics with a barge pole! Useless fools.

**edited for swearing**

Please try not to swear on the forums thanks.

Danny

FOC

Please try not to swear on the forums thanks.

Danny

FOC

Sorry, habit. It generally removes most of my 'mess ups' so I don't look out for it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club