Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting!

Dalebhoy1888

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to enquire about the ambient lighting that comes in some types of fiesta above the glove compartment. As I have a 62 plate ford fiesta style my car doesnt come with it fitted but was thinking about taking it to my ford dealer to see if they could fit it for me.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone ever had this fitted by ford?

2) How much would this cost roughly including labour costs?

Thanks in advance :D :iim:

the unit will cost about 80quid unless you keep your eyes out for a bargain, the labour costs are nout as it should take yourself about half an hour n is generally easy unless your having trouble like myself

the unit will cost about 80quid unless you keep your eyes out for a bargain, the labour costs are nout as it should take yourself about half an hour n is generally easy unless your having trouble like myself

Hi Brigante,

Is that buying it straight from ford? And Im not good at electrical things such as this and so ford is the only people I know that would be able to do it for me? And whats up with yours thats causing you trouble??

80quid used mate if you was to find it on eBay etc

i'm not sure now though whether it is the same form of submarine lighting for your fiesta, is what you speak of 2 little red leds built into the courtesy light unit?

i know of people who's done this to older fiestas but i'm not sure what your courtesy light looks like in your fiesta

see my thread here for the trouble i'm having with mine mate

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44626-ambient-lighting-not-working-argh/

theres not really much wiring involved so you would be able to do it yourself as its just running a single wire

i've actually linked to a blokes guide to fitting it in a fiesta in my thread, and his actually works. so have a mooch

80quid used mate if you was to find it on ebay etc

i'm not sure now though whether it is the same form of submarine lighting for your fiesta, is what you speak of 2 little red leds built into the courtesy light unit?

i know of people who's done this to older fiestas but i'm not sure what your courtesy light looks like in your fiesta

see my thread here for the trouble i'm having with mine mate

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44626-ambient-lighting-not-working-argh/

theres not really much wiring involved so you would be able to do it yourself as its just running a single wire

i've actually linked to a blokes guide to fitting it in a fiesta in my thread, and his actually works. so have a mooch

No my courtesy lights dont have the two little red lights mine is just the basic one.

Just seen your thread im sure someone will have an idea of how you can fix it mate.

And will have a look the now, cheers again!!

Might be on the wrong track here, but I think you guys are talking of different 'ambient' lighting...

Charlie, you're referring to the two little extra LEDs in the main overhead interior light for the submarine lighting effect, yeah?

And Dale, you're talking about the specific little light in the recess just above the glove box, like in the pic below?

fiestainterior.jpg

I don't have personal experience to help either at the minute (sorry!) but Charlie I'll have a dig around my old Mondeo forum as I remember people fitting the sub lights in their Mk3s. And Dale, my cousin has a 60 plate (I think) Titanium, so I'll have a gander at the interior lighting in that over the weekend and see if I can add anything further, if no one else does between now and then.

Might be on the wrong track here, but I think you guys are talking of different 'ambient' lighting...

Charlie, you're referring to the two little extra LEDs in the main overhead interior light for the submarine lighting effect, yeah?

And Dale, you're talking about the specific little light in the recess just above the glove box, like in the pic below?

fiestainterior.jpg

I don't have personal experience to help either at the minute (sorry!) but Charlie I'll have a dig around my old Mondeo forum as I remember people fitting the sub lights in their Mk3s. And Dale, my cousin has a 60 plate (I think) Titanium, so I'll have a gander at the interior lighting in that over the weekend and see if I can add anything further, if no one else does between now and then.

Thanks for the reply Gforce,

Thats exactly what I'm thinking, although i would love the two little extra LED's in my overhead lighting its notthem i looking for just now. It is infact the little light in the recess just above the glove box, shown in your picture.

And that would be great if you could have a look at the weekend and get back to me if you find any useful info,

Cheers again.

Yup i did think we was on about different types of ambient lighting from your original post lol but i know people have fitted the type i'm on about to fiestas so i thought it was worth saying on the off chance it was what you was on about

Yup i did think we was on about different types of ambient lighting from your original post lol but i know people have fitted the type i'm on about to fiestas so i thought it was worth saying on the off chance it was what you was on about

Yeah I thought so too but thanks for commenting anyway as I am also thinking of doing that through time. :)

Moved to modification discussions

Moved to modification discussions

Ok, Where do I find that?

If you look in the main forum page with all the different areas you'll see a section named "Modification Discussions" next to the "Ford Projects and Builds"section

• Like 1

Here ;)

Haha so I notice!! :P

If you look in the main forum page with all the different areas you'll see a section named "Modification Discussions" next to the "Ford Projects and Builds"section

Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club