Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

After getting the old AC re gassed and oiled for this brilliant rainy weather its occured to me that the wipers are getting pretty useless, and i cant decide between Bosch aerofits or regular super plusses, if i buy a triple of super plus blades it will cost me £23.83, or if i chose 3 aero fits it would be £31.74, so are thess blades worth the extra £8, also there is a brand called ABD offering aero type wiper triple pack for £24.28, are they anygood or should i stick to Bosch,Valeo etc?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 highnoon1966

highnoon1966

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk6.5 1.6TDCI Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

After getting the old AC re gassed and oiled for this brilliant rainy weather its occured to me that the wipers are getting pretty useless, and i cant decide between Bosch aerofits or regular super plusses, if i buy a triple of super plus blades it will cost me £23.83, or if i chose 3 aero fits it would be £31.74, so are thess blades worth the extra £8, also there is a brand called ABD offering aero type wiper triple pack for £24.28, are they anygood or should i stick to Bosch,Valeo etc?

I have retro fitted Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades to my last three cars and have found them to be a big improvement over the traditional types already fitted,

#3 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

The Bosch ones are the best i've come across. Website called autobulbs direct have the best price on wipers. Looking at £22.08 + £2.95 P&P for the two fronts. Just be carful you don't pick the "spoiler" type, as they are cheaper and less affective. If you want a rear wiper, it's another £8 or so, but then you would get free p&p for spending over £30, so total would be £30.58 delivered.

Another tip - if you click via one of the cashback sites (such as top cashback or quidco) you could earn 12% back on the value of your order.

#4 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

allways use the company below myself,at the minute the mk6 bosch aerofits are at £21 + £8 for the rear

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/

#5 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Seems good value, but now im panicking about a tapping noise after starting it up cold, it goes away after a few minutes though so im going to wait and see will have a look over there. thanks.

*can get a set of valeo one piece wipers all round for £28.79 including postage 6 - 7 quid cheaper than the Bosch one piece sets.* 

#6 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

+1 for the Bosch. Great improvement, still going strong after 1 year /10,000 miles.

#7 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Apparently since its been raining all week my current wipers are now ship shape anyway, i reckon i would go for the Valeo's anyway as they are much cheaper and are a reputable brand as well. 

#8 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

I needed a parcel shelf strap so went for a ride out to the nearest ford dealer and thought wipers for the strap and 2 front wipers came to 26.50 which doesn't seem too bad, the worst part of the transaction is the 30+minute drive each way for the nearest ford dealer. If I remember I will post back in a few months for an opinionDSC_0021.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users