Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Zetec S 2.0 Owner

Jai176

Hi everyone,

Had my focus for a week now and want to crack on to making a few modifications, any suggestions?

Considering spraying the alloys gloss black, thoughts?

Thanks!

post-44364-0-69862600-1371200531_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks nice I'd put the wind deflectors on and red and black badge overlays leave the wheels though try an post some pics of my titanium (zetec s lookalike) with these items on so you can see before you buy .

Footwell lighting, DMB overlays, DRL fog surrounds, deflectors as mentioned, new centre caps for the wheels, and a colour on the wheels would look good, Black would look good, but I think a red would look sweet!

I have ordered some 501 LED Bulbs, didnt realise i could put them into the footwell?

What bulbs are you using in your headlights?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums

mine are some cheapo sidelights - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-4-LED-HID-XENON-WHITE-501-T10-W5W-SIDELIGHT-BULBS-/130529434691?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e64291c43 dont thinkt hey are the company I bought them from but they are the same type :)

if you have the wiring and anything then yes, the 501 should slide in :)

2.0!! Bet you thats quick, im bored of my 1.6 performance already haha i dont know why i thought the 1.6Ti-vct would be much faster than the mk1 1.6 lol. Lovely car mate enjoy it!

• Like 1

I am looking into powdercoating my wheels black too, would look awsome. I think some wind deflectors might look good on the windows. The chrome trim on the bonnet I want to either replace or wrap in black, but not sure how that would look on yours.

very nice car...
Trust me if you get browsing on her there are plenty of threads for you to view to get some inspiration ....
go on the projects and builds forum :) !!!

Thanks guys!

I think ill order the wind deflectors and do all the lighting this weekend!

Also, are there any ways without spending an absolute fortune to get a bit more power from the engine?

Get that chrome bonnet trim colour coded, makes the whole front end look smart!

Colour coded or carbon wrap?

Personally, colour coded.

I'm very much one for getting a 'custom stock' look. Carbon draws attention to the mod being done, where as simply colour coding it makes it look different (and like an ST) but isn't so in your face about it.

Also, regards the power, they used to make superchargers in the states that bolted into the old Zetec lumps, would love one on mine, alas don't think they make them for the Yamaha derived engine. You could go old fashion, strip the head off and port and polish it.

Try removing the Cat and get a free flowing exhaust, might fail around MOT time.

Turbo it?

tuning box? you can get a gen 1/2 DTUK tuning box for about £80, or otherwise a good service will give a slight boost!

How much more power can you get with a tuning box? i was under the impression they are only effective with turbo powered engines?

I was under the impression that they really only gain power to non N/A cars too as they're generally mapped for comfort and economy not performance.

where would i look for one of these?

Forget all this, get the custom heater controls!

well if you go to eBay DTUK I think have there own site on there where they sell them for £80 they are more effective on diesels but they do petrol alternatives I believe, on a diesel you can get 25% more power and torque and up to 10% more economy.

Actually come to think of it... I cant remember if the petrols have the relevant connectors to plug into... :(

Alternatively you could go for an OBDII port based tuning box which boast some improvement for less, but thats a gamble as I havent heard anyone say they have used them with success?

Jai those pics I promised of overlays you will have to excuse the state of it needs a good going over inside an out added some more pics os the recaros I got and the Zeneca sat nav expensive mods but worth it

post-29006-0-72065900-1371573027_thumb.j

post-29006-0-65063600-1371573069_thumb.j

post-29006-0-86250000-1371573084_thumb.j

post-29006-0-27688100-1371573102_thumb.j

post-29006-0-40958100-1371573124_thumb.j

post-29006-0-91680300-1371573141_thumb.j

post-29006-0-78265700-1371573169_thumb.j

Jai those pics I promised of overlays you will have to excuse the state of it needs a good going over inside an out added some more pics os the recaros I got and the Zeneca sat nav expensive mods but worth it

Really nice job !!!

I can't wait to get mine to that standard !

I like it a lot ...

The eBay special as I call it as everything on it came off the bay got some right bargains as well looks the biz when all shined up if I do say so myself but if you keep hunting and biding your time you can swoop on the bargains like the tinted glass on mine £20 + £50 fitting so god luck with your quest

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club