Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

just a quick one... did you find that you cant use the blue rubber key cover when you have the ignition barrel fitted??

• Like 2

just a quick one... did you find that you cant use the blue rubber key cover when you have the ignition barrel fitted??

Hey mate. Doesn't seem to be an issue for me, slots into the ignition without issue. :)

• Like 1

Alright mate was the ignition light plug and play or did you have to do some splicingmines all blue lead. Inside and that looks mint as a finishing touch.

• Like 1

Hey fella. No splicing required, it runs off the front courtesy/map lights and comes with the necessary adaptors on the looms. :)

So not many mods planned for this month as im saving for a vacation to NYC.

Debadging the Focus was next on the list, so did that this evening. Not a fan of having it entirely bare, so I bought an MK3 Focus badge to replace the stock one. I quite like it. What do you guys think?

20130801_195811_zpsd9aad3fe.jpg

20130801_201441_zps980888d6.jpg

0a5f6195-de5d-4ee4-bd6f-25e2da5d1d89_zps

05a9f356-80a7-4b5a-84be-9d14e2f8595a_zps

20130801_204803_zpscddbe63f.jpg

• Like 2

I like the new badge - looks great! I have de-badged mine but can't think on what should go there :/ Mines 05 plate so might look weird with the mk3 badge :/ Check mine out let me know what you think :)

Cars look great by the way :)

• Like 3

Yeah that looks smart , I may have to purchase that badge too :-P but I also want to keep my titanium on so I hope it doesn't look to odd with different fonts !

Will be doing the rear fog light replacement soon to as just bought one off a fellow focus owner off here :-)

• Like 2

So not many mods planned for this month as im saving for a vacation to NYC.

Debadging the Focus was next on the list, so did that this evening. Not a fan of having it entirely bare, so I bought an MK3 Focus Badge to replace the stock one. I quite like it. What do you guys think?

05a9f356-80a7-4b5a-84be-9d14e2f8595a_zps

20130801_204803_zpscddbe63f.jpg

Lookin good mate,

I'm tempted,

• Like 2

whats next........ :P !?!!!?!!!?
i want an ignition Light ring thing too :P ..... is it actually really easy to fit ? how much dismantling is involved i hate that , i get scared i will break something .. LOL

• Like 2

The ride looks crazy sick, love the LED but the footwell light wiring was there? where exactly because i had a quick look on mine and i didn't see any wiring

• Like 2

Previously i had a quick look for the footwell lights wiring with my car being a ZS and not a titanium i assumed i would not have the wiring for footwell lights, sorta put that in as a future mod way down the line, anyways thanks to your photos! after seeing your LED lights i notice the socket for the footwell lights were normal 501s so i got stuck in and found the wiring in my car! surprise surprise!

I took out the rear passenger interior light 501 bulb and tested the socket to see if it was live, RESULT!

6gb0.jpg

Now i will order myself some Cree LED 501's if they exist :D and rock a red or blue style. Having the wiring has made things so easy for other mods so additional mod to come will be Lenny's Ford badge puddle lights since it will be a simple matter of tapping into the footwell light circuit and running a cable to the door job done!

This is the second surprising wiring loom i've found in my car that is usually on the titanium so it kind of leaves me to wonder if i got full titanium wiring loom fitted, I do have factory parking sensor and satnav so an interesting thought...

• Like 2

i want an ignition Light ring thing too :P ..... is it actually really easy to fit ? how much dismantling is involved i hate that , i get scared i will break something .. LOL

The ring is pretty straightforward to fit, only fiddly bits are getting the ring to stay in place during re-assembly and lining up the steering cowl screw holes.

i do have a guide in my signature links.

• Like 3

This is the second surprising wiring loom i've found in my car that is usually on the titanium so it kind of leaves me to wonder if i got full titanium wiring loom fitted, I do have factory parking sensor and satnav so an interesting thought...

If you think you have the titanium wiring loom then check the wing mirror loom,

If its titanium then you would have an interior light feed in the mirrors for the factory puddle lighting,

So you could splice in to that for the ford logo lights without taking out the window etc.

Sorry to hijack thread.

• Like 2

Hehe well some ELM config stuff is next, gonna try that today. And thats it for this month, all my cash is going towards my vacation at the end of this month ;)

I could probably ask for something for my bday cming up lolol ;)

Ignition ring looks daunting on paper, but is actually quite simple. You take the top and bottom housing off the steering wheel and the door trim, and the courtesy light. My 2nd attempt I did it in 30mins ;) Just follow the guide and PM if you have any questions. And make sure you get it from the correct eBay seller in china (jooseloosener). :)

• Like 2

Previously i had a quick look for the footwell lights wiring with my car being a ZS and not a titanium i assumed i would not have the wiring for footwell lights, sorta put that in as a future mod way down the line, anyways thanks to your photos! after seeing your LED lights i notice the socket for the footwell lights were normal 501s so i got stuck in and found the wiring in my car! surprise surprise!

I took out the rear passenger interior light 501 bulb and tested the socket to see if it was live, RESULT!

6gb0.jpg

Now i will order myself some Cree LED 501's if they exist :D and rock a red or blue style. Having the wiring has made things so easy for other mods so additional mod to come will be Lenny's Ford badge puddle lights since it will be a simple matter of tapping into the footwell light circuit and running a cable to the door job done!

Ah glad you found it, its a great little mode to have. I need to do the rear footwells at some point. ;)

Must compare cars soon, very jelly of your Zetec S ;) hehe.

• Like 2

A few ELMconfig Updates done today. Many thanks to Pree for the cable and assistance :) Top bloke.

GEM:

Adjusted Safe Home Lights Delay

Adjusted Switch off Courtesy Lights Delay

Auto locking at 10mph

Double (deadlock) on one RC lock button press

HEC

Ticked ECO mode

Measurement Unit Menu

Radio & Phone options

My auto heated screen on low temperatures was already activated

Only thing that seems to have possibly gone wrong is my miles to empty suddenly went from 25miles to 49miles.

• Like 1

A few ELMconfig Updates done today. Many thanks to Pree for the cable and assistance :) Top bloke.

GEM:

Adjusted Safe Home Lights Delay

Adjusted Switch off Courtesy Lights Delay

Auto locking at 10mph

Double (deadlock) on one RC lock button press

HEC

Ticked ECO mode

Measurement Unit Menu

Radio & Phone options

My auto heated screen on low temperatures was already activated

Only thing that seems to have possibly gone wrong is my miles to empty suddenly went from 25miles to 49miles.

Oh that is sweet dude! i've been struggling to get mine working right! maybe you can help me out :D

The miles thing is normal when the fuel is low it changes after switching on or off sometimes

• Like 2

Oh that is sweet dude! i've been struggling to get mine working right! maybe you can help me out :D

The miles thing is normal when the fuel is low it changes after switching on or off sometimes

Sure mate, let me know which bits aren't working. ;) I need to put in some petrol, I generally look at the dial on the guage to be honest rather than rely on the miles to empty as it can be quite unreliable.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Updated my Rom to v.0509 today, worked without a hitch. Actually got the correct menu options now displayed. And tweaked a little more, autorelocking, longer delay on courtesy lights dimming etc.

Still unsure how to work the Eco Mode. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back from New York City, and lots of eBay packages waiting.

First simple mod, is a chrome cover for the fuel cap. Literally takes 1min to do:

20130906_1942150_zpsa14c09a7.jpg

20130906_194154_zps3a4bfdec.jpg

20130905_141319_zps8f7fed03.jpg

20130905_1412560_zps544bd033.jpg

More mods & pics to come 2moro, but what do you guys think. £10 of eBay, took 6 days to arrive from china ;) (link in my signature).

• Like 1

I hope you enjoyed your holiday mate :D welcome back, fuel cap looks good, i like the sized look of the text

• Like 1

I hope you enjoyed your holiday mate :D welcome back, fuel cap looks good, i like the sized look of the text

Thanks, it was great to get away, though back to work on Monday :angry:

Yeah i think it looks great. something different anyway :)

• Like 2

Pretty neat, is it good quality ??

Yeah quality is good I think. Literally three, 3m double sided strips and you stick on over the existing cover. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club