Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

Few more mods turned up today.

Rear footwells. After a delay from the U.S where they only sent one instead of two, I now have both so will be fitting these hopefully this weekend. Will be splicing into my Illuminated Scuff Plates.

20131211_230720_zpsc01e9fb5.jpg

And this part from eBay, for dual reverse. Pictures on eBay can be so misleading but the part actually fits the bulb holder I have from my old red fog unit so another mod for this weekend.

20131211_230736_zpsb58a9e49.jpg

20131211_230804_zps16e75b7f.jpg

20131211_230817_zps91c274de.jpg

• Like 1

Wiring all done for dual reverse, spliced into the existing reverse cable on the passenger side just below where I connected the rear parking sensors. Fed the cable through the boot lining down to the drivers side grommet which holds the rear fog light. Only problem is the bulb socket connector I bought on eBay, on closer inspection does not fit properly and thus wont provide the current to the bulb.

So 70% job done. Just need to get the correct socket connector and connect to my DC cable and fingers crossed it should work. Weather and airport runs this weekend, meant no time to do rear footwells, so either tomorrow or Tuesday. :(

• Like 1

Mk2.5 Focus Rear Tail Lamps for sale now, PM if interested.

20131205_171924_zpsbd624c55.jpg

These are a nice upgrade for the mk2 with some minor wiring as the plugs on the loom differ.
  • Like 2

These are a nice upgrade for the mk2 with some minor wiring as the plugs on the loom differ.

Exactly! Gonna post some of my pics on another thread here shortly...

• Like 2

Exactly! Gonna post some of my pics on another thread here shortly...

Sweet,

Ive just spotted your earlier post about fitting to mk2 mate,

Sorry to have rewritten the info, I didn't see that you had already addressed it.

• Like 1

So managed to source another part for dual reverse, excitedly waiting for it on Saturday and it doesn't turn up. Phoned supplier today, only to be told they delivered it to a different customers address. :angry:

The other customer has kindly offered to forward it to my address, so probably won't arrive till next week due to xmas.

Beginning to think dual reverse is more trouble than its worth, due to all the hassle I've had sourcing the parts, but I've done all the wiring so I'll be patient a little longer.

• Like 1

Love it when packages arrive in the post, glad to be working from home today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swapped my sidelights for these LEDs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Bright-Xenon-White-Sidelight-LED-Bulbs-Replacement-501-W5W-T10-Canbus-Car-/280823193038?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41625dddce,

and managed to break the housing on one, so need to see if I can find a replacement on ebay. That's all the mods for this month.

More next month ;)

What is that black round button on right of rear heated screen button?

Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

What is that black round button on right of rear heated screen button?

Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

Hey Yunni, that black switch is the on/off button for a subwoofer, the previous owner had installed. I've disconnected the cables behind the switch now, since I don't use a sub and never will. Will replace it with a blank faceplate at some point.

• Like 1

Got some more carbon wrap for xmas, so finally decided to finish wrapping. Quite happy with the results, and I like the blue. It's different and matches the interior colour scheme.

20131225_234539_zpsa27a6baa.jpg

20131225_234551_zps44cea4cd.jpg

20131225_234606_zpscc6623ab.jpg

And pics of all parts fitted:

20131226_170249_zps43e16186.jpg

20131226_170203_zps6691d544.jpg

20131226_170150_zps6c4d0df0.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good I see you got the centre console out with ease well done mate.

Keep the switch its perfect for your future led on/off switch if you choose to have one. It will save you getting a blank

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

A lot of time and work gone into this. B)

Very nice. B)

• Like 2

Looking good I see you got the centre console out with ease well done mate.

Keep the switch its perfect for your future led on/off switch if you choose to have one. It will save you getting a blank

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Ah Kurt that center console and me had a few battles lol. Taking it off wasn't so difficult, but it was full of gunk/oil underneath, mainly from around the gearbox/handbrake, which of course is normal, just unexpected. Plus the previous owner must have been a smoker as I found a lighter / mint chewing gum and ash underneath the storage compartment area (Gross). :wacko:

On putting everything back in, I dropped a hex screw for the garage door area and for the love of god couldn't find it anywhere. Thankfully the garage door area is secure with only one screw.

I did also manage to melt the plastic on the rear demister switch onto the carbon wrap lol. Left the heat gun on that area a little too long. :lol:

• Like 2

Installed Philips Diamond Vision dipped bulbs this weekend. Nice and white with an ever so slight tinge of blue, but much nicer match to the sidelights. Compared to Osram Nightbreakers Plus I don't think they are that different in terms of their visibility during the night.

Diamond Vision in comparison to the halogen fog lights

20131228_204058_zps157b0667.jpg

20131228_204111_zps37e074e1.jpg

20131228_2040430_zps396a3f3d.jpg

And some more shots

20131228_203644_zps59473d72.jpg

20131228_2037170_zps4dffc11c.jpg

20131228_203627_zpsbe858c84.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice looks the bees knees. B)

• Like 2

Got some more carbon wrap for xmas, so finally decided to finish wrapping. Quite happy with the results, and I like the blue. It's different and matches the interior colour scheme.

20131226_170150_zps6c4d0df0.jpg

Looking good Ben,

The blue carbon is a rare sight,

There's a company on e-bay that create the gear gator and handbrake gators in black but with blue stitching I think the charge around 20-25 pounds for both, would blend in nicely with the black/blue of the dash etc.

• Like 1

Looking good Ben,

The blue carbon is a rare sight,

There's a company on e-bay that create the gear gator and handbrake gators in black but with blue stitching I think the charge around 20-25 pounds for both, would blend in nicely with the black/blue of the dash etc.

Ah Lenny stop feeding my eBay shopping addiction lol :D . Nah jokes, I'll check it out today.

Just had to order some new canbus cree reverse bulbs as the one I had, flickered then just died, when I sorted dual reverse this weekend. Could be cheap chinese bulb.

• Like 1

I like the blue carbon effect on the center console but the only thing stopping me from wrapping mine is the grey buttons stand out like a sore thumb!! is the wrap too thick to go over the buttons??

• Like 2

I like the blue carbon effect on the center console but the only thing stopping me from wrapping mine is the grey buttons stand out like a sore thumb!! is the wrap too thick to go over the buttons??

Yeah I thought that as well but its not so bad tbh. you could in theory cover the buttons but you would need to put some sort of markings for your front/rear demister and any other buttons.

• Like 1

what you finding the brightness like for the blue visions?

i was tempted but then i read on the listing that they are all about show and being the whitest, but the brightness is the same as that of a standard bulb

i've currently got osram cool blue hypers, by far the whitest bulbs i've seen but they just dont seem that bright some times n i'm thinking about reverting back to osram cool blue intenses

• Like 1

liking the new bulbs fella they look great and what side lights have you got.

cant beat some nice white looking bulbs for this time of year

• Like 2

what you finding the brightness like for the blue visions?

i was tempted but then i read on the listing that they are all about show and being the whitest, but the brightness is the same as that of a standard bulb

i've currently got osram cool blue hypers, by far the whitest bulbs i've seen but they just dont seem that bright some times n i'm thinking about reverting back to osram cool blue intenses

They aren't as bright as the nightbreaker + but still plenty of visibility at night tbh. I'll get some night shots posted up.

• Like 1

liking the new bulbs fella they look great and what side lights have you got.

cant beat some nice white looking bulbs for this time of year

Cheers mate. These are the sidelights I bought. Ollie B uses them as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300925230029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

After many a trial and tribulation, finally managed to get Dual Reverse done. Absolutely love it.

Had a bit of hiccup with a cheap Chinese cree bulb which fizzled and burned, but just recently purchased two high quality canbus cree bulbs which are holding up well. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261199465208?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Night time shots below:

20131231_172324_zps9fa0cd3f.jpg

20131231_1723180_zpsb49f3795.jpg

20131231_1723100_zps68bc33cf.jpg

And some shots inside the garage to show how bright even in well lit areas they are:

20131231_172801_zps247353f8.jpg

20131231_172758_zpsb110f471.jpg

20131231_172752_zpsd50e71b3.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club