Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hyrule's Build Thread

Hyrule

Format your car using that format tool or format it in the camera.

The other thing I notice is your film length, reduce it to 3 mins. Longer the file is more chance of it being corrupt or damage

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Cool, I've formatted it again and I'll reduce the length see if it makes any improvement.

make sure that its only up to 32GB capacity and make sure its formatted as FAT32, these things cant talk in any other formatted language, or they do up to the boundaries of where they are happy and then beyond that, they dont understand what they are writing to which is why it corrupts.

I'm assuming the built in formatting tool formats it in FAT32, if not I'll slap it in my PC later today.

Ok so followed your advice, adjusted video to 3mins, formatted the card in the dashcam tested, same issue, records a couple gigabytes, then the rest of the videos are unplayable.

Formatted the card in my PC to FAT32. Tested. Same thing.

I'm gonna order a new card to rule that out, and I've emailed the seller in case he has seen this issue before.

Does your computer have the correct codecs? Send one of your videos to me and I will try it on mine. Mega upload or something similar will do

• Like 1

Does your computer have the correct codecs? Send one of your videos to me and I will try it on mine. Mega upload or something similar will do

I've deleted them all now, but I'll have more over the weekend. Yeah I got the full K-lite codec pack on installed on my PC.

Reading up on other forums, its a common issue and most people have chalked it up to the memory card. Just ordered two more class 4 SD cards (these are said to be the most compatible) and will see how they go.

Where did you buy them from? I would say get one from the seller

• Like 1

Ordered two new class 4 microsd cards. Testing the Kingston one at the moment this week. Will test the Sony one probably next week.

Kingston: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291166483317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Sony: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121166935376?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Currently halfway through colour coding my bonnet lip, paint coat is drying and lacquer will be put on tomorrow.

And finally got round to dropping off the front splitter and rear diffuser for painting.

Just need to get all the bolts, rivets etc ready for fitting most likely next week.

Slowly but surely coming together.

Worth messaging the seller - I ordered a class 4 card and received a class 10. Ordinarily, I wouldn't complain. They then sent me class 4, and as my sister nabbed the 10 for her phone, I was a good boy andd paid for the second card lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Worth messaging the seller - I ordered a class 4 card and received a class 10. Ordinarily, I wouldn't complain. They then sent me class 4, and as my sister nabbed the 10 for her phone, I was a good boy andd paid for the second card lol

:D Both are class 4 thankfully, I had to order some new ones as the class 10 one I previously bought from a different seller is incompatible with my mobius dashcam. So far the Kingston Class 4 one seems to be holding up without issue but will know definitively after a week of testing.

I tried a class 10 in my F70-type camera, and it appeared to work. But I dropped that down the back of sofa (it's going in a week or two, so I'll cut it open lol)

Had a class 4 that I dropped (mentioned above) somewhere...just stuck another class 4 in lol

I'm terrible with memory cards

• Like 1

Pesky little things are fiddly, I once tried to eject one from my phone once, it flew out like a rocket never to be seen again lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Rofl can't count how many times I've done that. The spring on the galaxy s3 is like a bullet chamber :D

Mobius update, so far this week I've recorded 14gb worth (36 videos) on the Kingston Class 4 Memory card I recently purchased. All 36 videos are intact without corruption or errors, so slightly prematurely I am convinced the class 10 Sandisk was to blame for the problems I had. I also reduced the video size from 15mins to 5mins and turned off sound recording which frees up around 7% of space per recording.

If anyone is thinking of getting this dashcam and it is highly recommended, here is the link to the sd card I purchased:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291166483317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&clk_rvr_id=661621048581&afsrc=1

Here's a video I shot on the way to the gym, look out for the gorgeous dark coloured Zetec S that passes me, on the overpass.

• Like 2

Looks good glad that Kingston sorted it out

• Like 1

Very temting , i'm gonna deffo invest in in one or maybe even two .one for lad.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Came back from a nice weekend in Bournemouth. Went to check on the progress of the rear diffuser and front splitter I left to be painted last Tuesday. To my suprise nothing had been done and safe to say wasn't very impressed. Usual apologies and please don't take your business elsewhere blah blah blah. So hopefully should be ready wednesday/thursday this week. Gives me an opportunity to haggle on price since they have wasted a week.

Thought I hadn't posted any pics of the Mobius dashcam installed so here goes:

Plugged in behind the mirror, doing what it does best:

20140703_210305_zpsbb868686.jpg

Close up view from the outside:

20140703_210335_zpsb5bd1384.jpg

Distance shot, showing how discreet it looks. You would really have to be looking to notice it.

20140703_210343_zps922c5a22.jpg

• Like 1

Bonnet lip has come along nicely. Initially wasn't happy with the outcome so sanded down, repainted and now lacquer is settling in (48hours and counting). Pics to follow once fitted.

Gave the focus a good clean last week, only for it to get pelted with rain down the M3 and numerous bird attacks down in sunny bournemouth :D

Ah well pics of before the abuse ;)

20140703_2103580_zpsfa41d2e8.jpg

20140703_2104100_zps665773b3.jpg

20140703_210418_zps7c17104b.jpg

• Like 1

looking good and will be waiting to see the bits your having painted

• Like 2

So less slacking this weekend, gonna do a few bits to the focus. Bonnet lip, tidy up the drivers illuminated scuff plate wiring, new glove box bulb, and possibly fit some LED strips.

Rear diffuser and Front skirt to be fitted on Monday, weather permitting. Bought some silkaflex in black and a heavy duty applicator gun.

Had a hard time tracking down the specific tow eye cover for the Focus with the rear diffuser attached, but caved in and finally went direct to ford. £18 incl delivery which is pretty steep considering how tiny the part is, but hey.

Anyone looking to track down this part contact fordpartsuk:

Focus Rear Tow Eye Cover (With Bumper Skirt Fitment) From: 03-12-2007 To: 29-07-2011
Part Number: 1517090

So I'll paint and lacquer it myself, think I have some sea grey paint knocking around from the bonnet lip.

Bonnet lip painted and ready to go:

20140710_110547_zps19c8f2d8.jpg

Freshly painted bodykit to go on Monday:

20140710_172546_zps280c7438.jpg

• Like 2

Ben, I just want you to know I hate you :p

Every time I come onto the projects threads I have to pull myself away, as every single time I come onto your thread (and others but moreso yours) I find myself having an urge to do something new to my car and I cant afford it :p

Those wheels....

DAMN YOU!

Consider this an official complaint ;) :P

• Like 2

James it looks even better in person, stunning ride

• Like 1

Ben, I just want you to know I hate you :P

Every time I come onto the projects threads I have to pull myself away, as every single time I come onto your thread (and others but moreso yours) I find myself having an urge to do something new to my car and I cant afford it :P

Those wheels....

DAMN YOU!

Consider this an official complaint ;) :P

Hehe James don't worry I feel your pain. There is so much I want to buy but I have to take care of the essentials first. So I'm strict with my budget each month. If I can't afford it, it just doesn't get done. Like next month timing belt will take precedence over any modification. But it's nice to treat yourself once in awhile. Wheels were at least a 6month wait, so I've learned to just grin and bear the wait

James it looks even better in person, stunning ride

Cheers, but still not as pretty as Julia :rolleyes:

• Like 1

liking the look of the bonnet lip will wait and see your pics of the kit all fitted on Monday.

looks like it coming togeather well

• Like 2