Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Focus TDCI
  • Year: 2007

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Looking good mate, I see you went for the FK1000P. It's also great on paintwork and very durable especially in these conditions with salt on the roads

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#197 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Looking good mate, I see you went for the FK1000P. It's also great on paintwork and very durable especially in these conditions with salt on the roads

Yeah its great stuff and loads in the tin. In the process of getting a snow foam lance, some Mfibre drying towels, mitts and cloths, some decent shampoo and a polish to go on before the FK1000P. Will be washing the car myself from now on ;)

#198 Danwel

Danwel

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yeah its great stuff and loads in the tin. In the process of getting a snow foam lance, some Mfibre drying towels, mitts and cloths, some decent shampoo and a polish to go on before the FK1000P. Will be washing the car myself from now on ;)

Any ideas what you're going for?

Over on detailing world Autobrite do a group buy which is on all the time on HD snow foam lance and Magifoam combo which is a very very good foam. I've got some Magifoam and Chemical Guys no touch which are very good.

Have a look at Car Chem for shampoo,towels, mitts and cloths as they are very good but unless you're ordering a few items postage may seem high. If you subscribe to their newsletter they always send you links to offers

Failing that you could contact your local Autosmart rep for all your detailing needs however they only deal in 5l products so will get expensive quickly, especially once you get in the truck and start looking around.

When you say polish are looking to correct swirl marks and minor scratches by hand or by machine or just a good clean base before re waxing?

Also you can't beat a good clay before you set about polishing and waxing, bilt hamber clay is cheap and very good and you can use soy water as lube so no need for extra expense of a dedicated clay lube

#199 Danwel

Danwel

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Just recieved car chem newsletter as if by chane and there is 20% off using code save20 on all orders over £15

#200 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Any ideas what you're going for?

Over on detailing world Autobrite do a group buy which is on all the time on HD snow foam lance and Magifoam combo which is a very very good foam. I've got some Magifoam and Chemical Guys no touch which are very good.

Have a look at Car Chem for shampoo,towels, mitts and cloths as they are very good but unless you're ordering a few items postage may seem high. If you subscribe to their newsletter they always send you links to offers

Failing that you could contact your local Autosmart rep for all your detailing needs however they only deal in 5l products so will get expensive quickly, especially once you get in the truck and start looking around.

When you say polish are looking to correct swirl marks and minor scratches by hand or by machine or just a good clean base before re waxing?

Also you can't beat a good clay before you set about polishing and waxing, bilt hamber clay is cheap and very good and you can use soy water as lube so no need for extra expense of a dedicated clay lube

Well I've already got some Turtle Wax ICE Rapid Drying shampoo in the cupboard, heard good things about it.

I'll probably get the autobrite HD snow foam lance £40 combo on detailing world. looks good.

Towels, mitts and cloths, are ridiculously cheap in my local asda. There is also the allways the reliable eBay :D

Having trawled the detailing world site, seems a non oily polish/haze is good to put on, before you seal it with something like FK1000P. I was looking at Autoglym Super Polish Resin or Prigo Amiga I think it was called, but open to suggestions. I am also looking into claying but that's not particularly hard.

#201 Danwel

Danwel

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Claying will really give a nice smooth to touch surface so really worth doing IMO.

Super resin polish is very good and if you have it I'd go with that unless you want to try something else but the prima amigo does get very good press but I've not used it myself.Just to throw another one in there.....have a look at poorboys black hole, works really well on dark cars and contains fillers so any minor swirls it would go a decent way to hiding them.

Shame were opposite ends if the country or you could have had a go with stuff I've got as I've got a shed full as I've got a bit of an OCD for car cleaning....sort of try before you buy lol.

#202 andylaw769

andylaw769

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Try auto brites clay bar and detailer highly recommended ;)

#203 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Just recieved car chem newsletter as if by chane and there is 20% off using code save20 on all orders over £15

Oo very nice. I'm tempted to splurge and get all the cleaning stuff now but need already got my mods for Feb waiting in my eBay basket ;)

#204 yunii

yunii

yunii

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Name: yunii (nickname)
  • Ford Model: FOCUS TITANIUM-S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I got this in my centre roof light in my titanium1391204382570.jpg 1391204422796.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

Attached Thumbnails

• 1391204518142.jpg

#205 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Claying will really give a nice smooth to touch surface so really worth doing IMO.

Super resin polish is very good and if you have it I'd go with that unless you want to try something else but the prima amigo does get very good press but I've not used it myself.Just to throw another one in there.....have a look at poorboys black hole, works really well on dark cars and contains fillers so any minor swirls it would go a decent way to hiding them.

Shame were opposite ends if the country or you could have had a go with stuff I've got as I've got a shed full as I've got a bit of an OCD for car cleaning....sort of try before you buy lol.

Hmm poorboys might be a good alternative, as my car is dark sea grey. Soo many choices ;)

#206 Danwel

Danwel

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

The choices are endless and everyone on Detailing world has their favourites but black hole has always been my goto on black cars or dark coloured cars.

I will have a look see if I've got a little bottle kicking around and put some in it for you to try. I'm sure I have some little 50ml sample bottles from stuff I've been given so will send you some.

#207 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

The choices are endless and everyone on Detailing world has their favourites but black hole has always been my goto on black cars or dark coloured cars.

I will have a look see if I've got a little bottle kicking around and put some in it for you to try. I'm sure I have some little 50ml sample bottles from stuff I've been given so will send you some.

You are a gentlemen ;)

#208 Danwel

Danwel

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

No worries at all, happy to help where I can. I have a memory like a sieve so just remind me if you've not heard anything by Monday as I'm off all next week so will get something posted. I will see what else I can dig put as I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to cleaning products.

#209 andylaw769

andylaw769

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Have you ever been to waxstock ? Show at Peterborough show ground? bargains to be had there ;) learnt a lot from the detailers there check it out :)

#210 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 900 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

I find myself parking as far away from other cars in car parks. Dont want anyone near my new wheels or the focus in general. Lol. But then i come out of the gym today and there is a Focus Mk2.5 ST parked next to me.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users