• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tradefast

tradefast

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 CL Estate 2002

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

I have a Ford Focus 1.6 estate on a 02 plate.

I have two keys which nether have a remote fob attached. I gain entry and drive buy using either key in the old fashion way of inserting the keys etc. Central locking works fine but can not be done remotely as no 3 button fob available. I checked with Fords Bristol whom looked up my car and they said have remote central locking was an upgrade at the time of original purchase. I explained I was not the first owner but would like to have remote central locking rather than stay with the old fashioned key central locking.

The service guy was quite was very honest and said it could be done but if I was to use Fords it would be very expensive. Try using an after market third party he suggested as this would be cheaper.

My questions are then,

Do any of you guys know what I should being doing?

Do I just buy a 3 button fob have the key cut and enter some sort of code, or is there other ways of upgrading my car to use remote central locking?

Is it just a case of a new fob and key etc, or do I have to mod my car in some way before even doing the switch with keys.

Is it worth it? or are the costs of doing this to high?

Cheers buddies, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

You'd be needing to change the central locking module for one with remote central locking. Then you'd need a remote keyfob and programme it yourself seen as you have 2 normal keys known to the car already. You'd probably source a central locking module at a scrap yard for about 30-40 and a keyfob will cost about 60 from Ford.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users