Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Display Not Showing Outside Temp Following A Minor Bump

Markc1982

Hi All, Hoping to get some advice from you if possible? I have a 2008 Ford Fiesta Zetec Blue and i've only gone and had a minor bump this afternoon. I've drove the car home afterwards and upon inspection i've noticed a wire hanging between the front grill just above/behind the front number plate. I am already aware that Ford number all parts and this reference i can see is ford fiesta part 6s6ha001a04. I just wondered if any of you know what this wire could be, is my care safe to drive, will a repair be expensive and if it'll be an easy fix? Also, from my search i'm thinking it could have something to do with the outside temp as this is currently showing as - - on the display??

The car is running NORMAL and i managed to get it home afterwards (not sure if that was a good thing)

I've just been down, turned the engine over and all seems well no noise and no lights on the dash?

Can anyone help or point me in a direction. Any info on prices for a fix would be great

Thanks

Can you take a picture of the wire thats loose?

Definitely sounds like the external air temp sensor has got damaged or got disconnected.

Is the connector intact or is the wiring broken?

Hi Stoney871 thanks for your reply :) !

I think the connector is intact? and as for the wiring, well it's still connected to it's place on the car if that makes sense? I've had a closer look as possible and it looks like a figure 8 connector, you know the like you would get on a play station or a kettle lead? Like i said, the car runs ok and no lights on the dash?

Also i didn't mention the hissing noise? Just after the bump i had earlier i could hear a hissing sound from under the bonnet, this has since stopped but i wonder if it's connected??

Thanks again for hellping!

DanGersFord sorry i seem to have overlooked your reply. I'm going down to the car now to see if i can take a pic of the wire while it's still light

brb

The temperature sensor is purely a courtesy thing and shouldn't affect the running of the car.

Hissing sounds ominous, have you checked your aircon (if fitted) to make sure you haven't ruptured a coolant line?

Yes most probably you outside temp sensor as they are located right behind the front bumper. How hard was your 'bump'? Check to see if your air con works, the light on switch will still work but the compressor may not be cutting in. If the 'bump' was quite hard then you may have damaged the air con condenser (air con radiator) and the hissing noise was the gas escaping. Bumpers are good at hiding hidden damage after a bump!!

Thanks for the advice Jason, i wasnt going fast and was in 2nd gear when my foot slipped from the break and i rolled into the car in front, strangely also a a Ford Fiesta. Just going to check the air con

Thanks

Jason/Stoney871 just been to the car and ran the engine for a moment again all seems fine. I've switched on the air con and it seems to be blowing cold air but it's a cool night here so unsure if it's air con or just fresh air? Also, i checked the coolant levels and they are at the normal level if that helps??

• 2 weeks later...

I have the a similar problem with my outside temperature on the digital dash ...

From your pictures looking like you've damaged or popped the temperature sensor out .... I'm gonna check mine too and see if it's the same part as your picture.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club