Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Stereo Gone Silent

Moonhogg

I've got an 03 Mondeo with a standard fit 6000CD stereo.

Dimwit that I am, I managed to leave the keys in the ignition overnight, with power on. oops.gif Not surprisingly I flattened the battery. I disconnected it, charged it for a few hours, then reconnected, and managed to get the engine fired up.

I put in the radio's code, and it switched on ok - but has no sound. It is spinning disks, apparently reading them fine, the radio tunes in ok, but still no sound. If I turn it up to 30 (max) and stick my head next to the Speakers, I can just hear sound - so it is playing the disk.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong, and how I can fix it? I'm off up to Scotland in a couple of weeks, and a 14 hour drive with no music is not a nice proposition!

Many thanks!

Try resetting the radio by pulling the fuse (or disconnecting the battery again). You'll need the radio code. I've had this happening to me on an 04 Mondeo (and the reset did fix it).

Hmm... I've tried that now. Sadly no improvement, but thanks for trying. She's off in for MOT and service tomorrow, I'll have a word there, but in the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be really grateful.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club