Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Got My Licence Today!! Yeah Baby!

Lenny

Hi all,

After 6 years of driving on a provisional driving permit I have finally successfully passed my driving test.

Edited by Lenny
just done the math i thought it was 4 years was actually 6 lol
  • Like 2

Congrats :)

• Like 1

Well done! - i would have never guessed - i would have thought you had had one for years!

• Like 1

Same^^

• Like 1

:o would never have known either.

Well done Lenny

• Like 1

Huh...guess it's not so much "well done, now the real learning begins" as "well done, about !Removed! time!" Lol

Congrats Lenny

• Like 1

Congrats :)

Well done! - i would have never guessed - i would have thought you had had one for years!

Same^^

:o would never have known either.

Well done Lenny

Huh...guess it's not so much "well done, now the real learning begins" as "well done, about !Removed! time!" Lol

Congrats Lenny

Thanks guys,

I have been fearing it all the time, and drove without L plates for four years lucky I was never stopped for licence as I would have been done for driving unacompanied, by a full licenced passenger,

I was shocked I had passed because I didn't take any lessons since 2009 and I only applied for my test as my provisional was due for renewal and I was required to provide proof of sitting a test before they would issue a new permit,

So I went yesterday un prepared as I had applied for the test only to renew my permit,

Complete shocker when he says "you passed"

As you all know; I'm very fond of cars and styling, I should have applied for my test prior to modification as I felt it would impact the testers perception of me as a driver.

Then my obcession for mods grew on the focus , so the comfort in applying for test grew more daunting,

I went in to reception yesterday and they asked what car do you drive?

I said ford focus,

Then when the tester brought me out he says "This Focus? With the stripes, I've never done a test in an ST before"

Lol I was going to say "me neither" but didn't want to be a smart !Removed!, should have saw his shocked face walking around the car with L plates on and a mountune performance badge on the rear, boost pod in the dash he asks me "what's that gauge for" I said "eh boost"

He then got me to open the bonnet and show where brake fluid, oil and coolant goes, and says "ow its a diesel ah ok"

Lmao top fella though I've passed.

All mods declared to insurance my premium was 1,785.57euro and that's with 4yrs no claims so expecting a reduction now,

Maybe look in to a Mk1 RS early next year bwaaam pfff dow dow dow!! :)

• Like 2

Your insurance would probably be cheaper if you had done your test earlier lol

• Like 1

You utter criminal.

Well done, should have been earlier though ;)

• Like 1

congrats Lenny

Your insurance would probably be cheaper if you had done your test earlier lol

Thanks guys and very true.

You utter criminal.

Well done, should have been earlier though ;)

Thanks clive mate,

I was wondering what your response would be lol

My favourite tune was "Chase&Status ft. Liam Bailey " - Blind Faith

Although the song is about warehouse partys and XTC I don't support that side of it or the heart fibrillation base beat lol

It related to me investing so much in to my motor and driving it on blind faith, if caught and lost permit perhaps banned from driving, it would be a cruel waste driving alone was one big tempt faith,

But it always gave me that sweeeet sensation.

haha Lenny about time too , well done

• Like 1

haha Lenny about time too , well done

Thanks mate,

Considering taking up bull running in high heels as my new hobbey

Since I've no more tests in life I need somthing a bit challanging lmao

not cool driving around unlicensed,and un insured,

but well done for now becomming legal.

Thanks mate,

Considering taking up bull running in high heels as my new hobbey

Since I've no more tests in life I need somthing a bit challanging lmao

That has to be red stilettos!!
  • Like 1

Reading through the list of latest posts this one caught my eye saying Started by Lenny

I thought not THE Lenny surely this is a joke.

I'm baffled/gobsmacked/shocked. its not feasible Based on your many posts extensive knowledge and mods I thought you would be one of the 1st ones with a License on this forums.

Many Congrats for passing :) Clive will be knocking on your door soon

• Like 1

May well be, get the kettle on lad.

I'm currently in Belfast as part of the G8 Policing contingent.

Been following protesters around all day and still won't be off duty until 2am.

If i get a few hours i reckon a skip over the border might be in order ;)

• Like 1

May well be, get the kettle on lad.

I'm currently in Belfast as part of the G8 Policing contingent.

Been following protesters around all day and still won't be off duty until 2am.

If i get a few hours i reckon a skip over the border might be in order ;)

If I had the diesel id drive up to you with a flask of tea and sandwitches for you and your chums :)

Licence is costing me a total of 80euro on fees but will last me 10 years so worth it in the long run.

I'm 5hrs drive away from belfast although my mother is only 2hrs away from you, she's an excellent cook.

Reading through the list of latest posts this one caught my eye saying Started by Lenny

I thought not THE Lenny surely this is a joke.

I'm baffled/gobsmacked/shocked. its not feasible Based on your many posts extensive knowledge and mods I thought you would be one of the 1st ones with a License on this forums.

Many Congrats for passing :) Clive will be knocking on your door soon

For Real Pharrell lol thanks Chris sorry for the shock mate,

Ive always felt that the driving instructers and the tester fella were working togeather, I was under the empression that you need to feed the instructor with money for lessons then he will acompany you on the day of your test and give the nod to the tester.

So buying a mod for the focus and creating a guide always seemed more appealing to me rather than feeding an instructor.

The time passed and I began to fear the test and thought id be sure to fail because of the way the car now looks.

I've never lied to you guys on anything, I just never mentioned licence, I've always had tax and insurance but was only insured when the missus was either in passenger seat or driving,

That's also why she came to ford fair as I couldn't have driven in uk at all

But its all cool now lol

• Like 1

not cool driving around unlicensed,and un insured,

but well done for now becomming legal.

I agree with you 100%

And I don't intend this thread to promote my previous history of it,

I always made efforts to drive with an insured driver in the passenger seat making me 100% compliant,

The only times I drove alone was on journeys to and from work, I would avoid driving around on weekends and never paraid around town with the windows down and base thumping lol

That has to be red stilettos!!

And Uk size 12 ;)
  • Like 1

That is epic lenny, well done mate, your insurance is pretty cheap bro :- / mine is like BOOM £2500

• Like 1

That is epic lenny, well done mate, your insurance is pretty cheap bro :- / mine is like BOOM £2500

Jaysus that's a bit much mate,

My insurance is set to drop now when I tell them I've got a full licence,

Mine dropped a bit when I put the missus as a named driver on it, weird I know

Perhaps try putting a named driver on yours for a reduction.

Congratulations Lenny. It's tough here just getting a test date.

You insurance will definitely drop. Btw, who are you insured with?

an input from a new-ish driver:

i passed 2 yr ago and it put my insurance up! as far as insurance cares, you're still an inexperienced driver - the only difference is that theres no one watching you anymore lol

and thats nothing personal, i know you've been driving ages - but it applies to the large majority of people who are newly passed, therefore applies to insurance

But still, well done mate! its a nervous time around the test! :P

Crikey mate, didnt even realise you hadnt passed lol! more to the point, didnt realise that Ireland had those time lengths on a provisional permit!

Many congratulations mate!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club