Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Focus Titanium - 'standard' Spec?

johnson293

The car I recently bought is a 2009 Focus Titanium, 1.8TDCi in Moondust Silver.

It doesn't have the standard alloys on, but has the 18" optional alloys.

However, having looked at the brochure for that model, and seeing a few others around, it appears that mine may not have a couple of things that I thought would be 'standard'.

It has the full electric windows, auto headlights and Rainsensing wipers - all standard. It has basic A/C, not climate, but has cruise control fitted. It also has the Sat Nav in lieu of the Sony audio.

However, it doesn't have the rear privacy glass, or the chrome trim surround to the lower front grille, both of which are listed as standard in the brochure.

Anyone know if these were supposed to be standard, and why mine would be missing?

Cheers

MJ

The problem is owners could specify what they wanted so may have picked optional alloys and to keep the price down sacraficed the privacy glass and chrome trim

Ah, cheers for that.

Never having bought a brand new car, I knew some kit was an optional extra, but didn't realise you could have 'standard' stuff removed too.

Its no big deal really, just wasn't sure why mine didn't have them.

You can literally have whatever you want to pay for remove and add stuff you can ask for no privacy glass upgraded stereos etc

+1 on Arthurs feedback, new cars give you the free range to do what you want, have and remove what you want, and its all at your choice. Climate control isnt to everyones standing, and some insurers will charge more for things like privacy glass even as standard, as it makes the car more desirable to theives...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, it may sound a daft thing, but have just bought a lower front grille with the chrome surround off eBay.

Been looking/watching them for a while, and they were all priced at about £45 upwards, which I didn't want to pay.

However, found a listing with the grille parts brand new for £44, but they had a best offer option - so offered £25 which they accepted.

Like I say, I know its a daft thing really, but it just bugged me slightly that the front end had nothing to distinguish it being a Titanium from a Zetec, and the chrome surround will give it that.

I presume that grille is easy enough to swap over?

MJ

Yes the grill is clipped in , i think Lenny has done a guide on replacing the grill.

I had a Mk2.5 Titanium , and i think privacy glass is a extra not standard , although it did have the chrome trim on the grill , so maybe that was removed or replaced if it had been damaged.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club