• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

algie57

Please Help!

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, new member here

I own a 54plate Mondeo tdci 115. Recently the car has developed a problem whilst accelerating from about 2000rpm . The engine will suddenly lose power and the glow plug light will flash. If i kill the engine for a few seconds and restart the flashing light has gone and i'm able to drive , but no turbo. try the same procedure again , ignition off , on again and the turbo is there.

Ive had the car on a diagnostic and have been told fuel pump {£1000} scary , i am aware that this error code is not always correct and it can be other things .

Has anybody had this problem and can help point me in the right direction??

many thanks.

ps the turbo is a pressure actuator not electric

Hello mate i had this same problem with my zetec s, i took to a mates garage and was told it was reading a faulty senser on the duel mass so i changed that(£350) with the clutch and took it back and then they ssaid it was the injectors so i had all 4 changed (£250) doner car and yet it was still really bad so then i was changing the glow plugs and number 4 was nackered and as i undid it the thread snapped and the bottem half fell inside, after removing the head and getting it back re-threaded it and replaced the plug the car was back to its self so i would start with glow plugs then injectors