Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Noise Normal In First Gear??

theduke

Please help the gearbox sounds kind of like its in reverse :(

is it normal or have i got to get some warranty work done?? its a 1.6 16v petrol 2009

Hard to hear properly on that video but something's sounds wrong there.

I'm sure someone experienced will be able to help you out soon enough.

Can't really hear it on the video but, if it's a sort of low pitched whine then it's likely to be a bearing in the gearbox. However, sometimes gearbox noise can be transmitted through the body by a worn or incorectly fitted mounting

I have heard and been in many a car where that noise is just the norm, what gear are you in because my fiesta makes a less pronounced version of this noise if i slow down in a higher gear than neccesary so the engine is working against the gearbox rather than with it if it makes sense, maybe have someone hold a better camera for you or set it down on the floor next to the center console on the passenger side, the same side as the box, also can you hear this noise outside with the window down?

Cant seem to get any better audio #craphone sorry

the gear change feels fine its just the kind of a whindy noise thats bugging me maybe im just used to noisy deisels how do i check the gearbox oil level cant seem so see anywhere also the side of the box has a damp patch of oil on it

Worth having it checked if theres oil you cant check the level without having it up on a ramp

Gearbox oil is really considered a serviceable item, normally just fill it up and let it go. However very worth while getting the levels checked at an Indy if you're concerned.

My mums Honda makes a !Removed! terrible noise in first gear. The MOT guy pointed it out, she took it back to the Honda dealer and they said all of that model gearbox make that noise.

I have a 1.6 mk2.5 style. I've watched your video and assuming that the gearboxes aren't completely different. That does not sound the same as mine!

Have you had any luck diagnosing the problem? Or do I have a problem :o .

Not yet no had a busy week luckily in my work van :unsure:

Will have to get it back to the dealer this week sometime will keep you all updated!

• Like 1

listening to the audio it doesnt sound right at all ive never heard such a whine before on any make of car ive had

Its not necessarily the Gearbox at all have you tried raising the revs with the bonnet up to listen for the Alternator or other accessories they may well whine when the revs decrease, the mk2 focus does have a whiny noise anyway from any i have heard.

mk2 no whiny noise im afraid till the clutch was ready to pack in the mk1 had a whine in the box thats common

mk2 no whiny noise im afraid till the clutch was ready to pack in the mk1 had a whine in the box thats common

I meant the engine rather than the Gearbox and clutch, its common for an electrical whine noise to emanate from the drive belt side of the engine, i know this from 2 1.8 mk2's my father has owned sounding exactly the same. Although the 1.8 + engines are Mazda derivatives and below that are re branded Zetec SE's, aren't they?

Its not necessarily the Gearbox at all have you tried raising the revs with the bonnet up to listen for the Alternator or other accessories they may well whine when the revs decrease, the mk2 focus does have a whiny noise anyway from any i have heard.

thanks but theres no noise without a gear engaged?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club