Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name That Part! Idling Issues - Pics

Munkee36

Hiya guys, trying to whittle down the issues I'm having with my CMax, 2.0 TDCI 2005. Can you name the part arrowed (This is same as my engine, not my pic) post-44460-0-75267400-1371412497_thumb.j

Hmmm, I dont know. It has two air (?) pipes going into it underneath. The bracket it is on has broke so need to buy a new one .... just need to know what I am asking for! ;)

That unit you indicated is the Vacuum control valve assembly.

th_VacuumControlValve.jpg

th_Vacuumcontrolvalvebracket-1.jpg

th_Bracketvariationsvacuumassembly.jpg

Not sure of accurate pricing on microcat but the valve unit is about £130, small bracket is about £3 and the large bracket I'd reckon is about £12.

If you give the parts desk your VIN or registration they'll confirm part compatibility, or just give them the Finis code and they'll locate the part faster.

Was going ot offer the use of my Haynes manual, but Stoney beat me to it with the microcat!

Bloomin heck guys. Thanks very much. I can see I'll come here more often ... well, hopefully not, if you know what I mean - just to offer my own (small) knowledge. I wonder if, as its a vacuum, it'll be affecting my bouncy idling. Only bouncy when its first started and usually when its above, say, 9 degrees temp wise. The other day it was 7 degrees in the am and it was fine. No kangarooing at all.

Maybe, but more likely to be vreathing ability and fuel burning to be honest but start off with the vacuum and try from there?

are you interested in getting one from an old car in a scrap yard rather than a brand new part?

I really dont mind. Rather try it myself before taking to Ford down the road as they have done me over 3 times in the last 2 years. I have thought about it being the MAF and cleaned that but to no avail. May have made it worse if anything. Eeek. The mis-idle goes away when I unplug this but cant rule out sensors attached to it. You know a good 2nd hand parts place?

That microcat is great. I tapped the code for the bracket I am also after, into Google, and brought up a dealer that does the part for about £8

I dont know of any good second hand places, but if you can buy new at that price, its worth a shot!