Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Abs Module Fiesta 06

fiestaguy001

Hi

Iv got some problems with my ABS module on fiesta 06 style. I need to remove the abs module but I don't want to open up the break line pipes. can anyone advise me how I may go around separating the metal block from the plastic abs module. I need to send it for repair before MOT due...

ive added picture to show where I am at this stage of the repair.

Many thanks.

post-25641-0-54054300-1371426408_thumb.j

I would say you will have to unscrew the brake lines anyway, just be sure to put bungs in the end or caps over the top to prevent any leakage, you will have to give it a pump anyway so there will be no worries regarding bleeding the system if that is whats holding you back.

so I have to remove all the black pipes to get to the screws? im just worried its going to start leaking brake fluid everywhere. I am a newbie at this stuff. from the picture are you able identify if the brake lines are the only thing preventing me to separate the abs module from the metal block?

so I have to remove all the black pipes to get to the screws? im just worried its going to start leaking brake fluid everywhere. I am a newbie at this stuff. from the picture are you able identify if the brake lines are the only thing preventing me to separate the abs module from the metal block?

I would say that to remove the metal section from the ABS module you will have to completely dismember it anyway, tire dust caps are a good way to cover the lines otherwise go to Halfords or a local motor factor and get a set of them, they are usually just rubber plugs that fit over the end of the pipe, just dont touch the brake pedal or you will have a nuclear disaster in there. If you take the whole lot out it will be easier for you, it may take a few minutes longer and seem like a trouble but i never do any DIY the quickest way, if its worth doing its worth doing properly.....

Hi nathnan

Thanks for your replies. If I undo the 5 nuts the unit will come off? I just need the plastic ABS unit to send off. If you look at the picture there are two bolts housing the abs module n pump units. I was thinking of unscrewing them but still getting access to remove just the abs module is difficult. tight space.

That sounds about right, i have said remove the lines all along as it removes the risk of leaking fluid everywhere when you do take the ABS module off, also an additional step would be to take the brake/clutch fluid cap off when you come to put it back together and leave it loose on the bottle to remind you to check the level before finishing up, you will probably need a small bottle of fluid to complete the job later in anyway, make sure you have all you need before you start or it will just be a nightmare.

Hi Nathan & everyone

Update: managed to get the ABS controller out, did what you said took the metal pipes off the ABS metal block/pump thing. Now can send the ABS controller. Bad thing cant drive to work! the break doesn't work :S the pedal goes all the way down to the floor. If I keep pumping the break then it goes stiff but then soon after goes all the way down to the floor... whats going on? :S I thought you can drive without the ABS plastic controller unit.

Hi Nathan & everyone

Update: managed to get the ABS controller out, did what you said took the metal pipes off the ABS metal block/pump thing. Now can send the ABS controller. Bad thing cant drive to work! the break doesn't work :S the pedal goes all the way down to the floor. If I keep pumping the break then it goes stiff but then soon after goes all the way down to the floor... whats going on? :S I thought you can drive without the ABS plastic controller unit.

I wouldnt sit pumping the pedal you will end up loosing fluid from the side you just took apart, and no the system cant be fully pressurised with the ABS module missing so there will not be enough pressure to push the fluid, get your brogues out and stroll to work this week, haha.

• 5 years later...

Hi FG,

Please could you tell me how you got the blooming wiring connector off the module?

I can't seem to budge mine.

Regards,

H..

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know how to remove the wire connector

• 2 months later...

Can you replace your abs unit with a second hand one or would it have to be recoded

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, HenryV said:

Hi FG,

Please could you tell me how you got the blooming wiring connector off the module?

I can't seem to budge mine.

Regards,

H..

Hello. I am having the same problem trying to disconnect the wiring from the abs correction module on my 2006 Ford Fiesta as it is so tight space and won’t move even though I have looked for clips that might be holding it in place. Any help would be appreciated. 

if the connector operates in same way as ones I have encountered on a Focus:

look at the picture above which shows a big connector plug - it is not a ABS plug but very likely operates the same way. you see the blue plastic part at the opposite end to where the wiring loom goes. this blue plastic bit lifts up and moves in an arc so the blue bit you see ends up above where most of the wires go into the plug. As you lift it and move it in that arc, it prises the plug out of the socket.   hope this helps, hard to explain .

what I did was copied/pasted link to a youtube video. On my PC, in my message above it shows the opening scene of that youtube video as a picture. on your PC is it showing a youtube link that you can click on? if so, go to the video and look at the first two seconds of it where it shows what I mean

go to youtube.com.  Search for    HU0k2oOApZE     and see the pic in the first 2 seconds of the video 

which shows a big connector plug - it is not a ABS plug but very likely operates the same way. you see the blue plastic part at the opposite end to where the wiring loom goes. this blue plastic bit lifts up and moves in an arc so the blue bit you see ends up above where most of the wires go into the plug. As you lift it and move it in that arc, it prises the plug out of the socket.   hope this helps, hard to explain .   (this assumes it works same way as the ones I encountered on a Focus)

Sorry. I’m trying to get the electric power cable plug off the abs connection module on my 2006 Ford Fiesta. Any help would be great. 

Yes, I understand what you are trying to do. I was trying to explain  how these connector plugs work with regard to how to release it

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds very much like my abs module on my Renault Trafic is shot, symptoms being STOP light and abs light illuminating on dash, also speedo not working, plus lack of power, i'll keep you informed. 

• 1 year later...

Hi where can I send my abs module to get repaired as I have been told mine needs fixing on my fiesta 07 plate

If you Google abs recondition there are some results. I think I have seen bba-reman mentioned before. But I can’t seem to get that website to work properly on my phone today.  Have you removed the unit yourself?.  My brother had same problem on his 2007 fiesta, he enquired at a few garages about them doing the work, they all said due to problems with 2nd hand and recon units they weren’t prepared to do it unless it was to fit a brand new Ford unit (which they were happy for him to supply himself). The Ford cost was approaching a thousand quid I think. So the car has sat in his garden for three years unused.