Nathan_M

Which Next Gen Console do you want  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which console would you prefer?

2. 2. Will you be buying a next gen console at all

• Definitely i am pre ordering
    • Maybe im not sure
    • No i will not be playing a next gen console

So all 3 Next Gen consoles are lined up and even though one has had a head start which will you lot be interested in pre ordering or buying out of the following:

• PS4
  • Xbox One
  • Wii U

I am contemplating pre ordering the Xbox One as i like the look of all of the integrated TV features and the snap apps which would be handy i also have an xbox live account to use on there, whats the general consensus here?

I'm really not sure what to get. I like both PS4, and Xbox one. I currently have the Xbox 360, but the whole DRM and always on thing has kinda put me off.

Deffo PS4. After forking out for 3 xbox's and suffering the red ring of death within a montg of owning each one I moved to the PS3 and never had a problem. Sony is much more reliable and plus its still free to play online unlike Microsoft who constantly rip people off who are already paying for their internet access

Has to be the PS4, Xbox one is less powerful, more restrictive and more expensive.

Sony has got everything right with the ps4 imo, the new Xbox seems to just be following suit of Microsoft's pig headed aarrogance at the moment.

I'm not a fanboi either 360 won it for me last gen even with reliability issues.

Deffo PS4. After forking out for 3 xbox's and suffering the red ring of death within a montg of owning each one I moved to the PS3 and never had a problem. Sony is much more reliable and plus its still free to play online unlike Microsoft who constantly rip people off who are already paying for their internet access

I can never agree when people say that it is a rip off to pay for Xbox Live to be honest as it offers more than sony can offer even to PS+ users, and i read where online will be a paying feature on ps4 as well so it would no longer be free of charge, and i must also say that the exclusive titles for xbox look alot better this time, Quantum Break, Forza, Etc.

On the new PS4 you have to pay $60 if you want to play online with friends.

Usual with Microsoft because theyve got so much financial muscle elsewhere they can purchase exclusive titles to mask their overall overpriced, poor quality and overall poor customer service. I'll quite simply never go back to Microsoft/Xbox after the debacle and hassle I had with the 360. Sony has for years been much more technologically advanced and more reliable than their American counterparts

Playstation 4 for me. Got the pre order in already. The xbox has too many issues with always connecting to the internet every 24 hours otherwise it blocks you playing games. This could be a big issue for a lot of people who don't have their console online. Also the "always on" camera could prove another issue :wacko:

Yes the PS4 will need playstation plus to play online, but for £40 a year you get FREE top rated games every month. I don't see Microsoft do that ;)

Problems i see with the xbox:

"always on" camera

Must connect to the internet

Cannot trade games

More expensive

Cannot play old games

Playstation 4 for me. Got the pre order in already. The xbox has too many issues with always connecting to the internet every 24 hours otherwise it blocks you playing games. This could be a big issue for a lot of people who don't have their console online. Also the "always on" camera could prove another issue :wacko:

Yes the PS4 will need playstation plus to play online, but for £40 a year you get FREE top rated games every month. I don't see Microsoft do that ;)

Problems i see with the xbox:

"always on" camera

Must connect to the internet

Cannot trade games

More expensive

Cannot play old games

Microsoft have started giving away 2 free titles each month for their gold users. The Xbox One does have a lot of problems though.

And how much is Xbox gold ripping people off these days? :lol:

Microsoft have started giving away 2 free titles each month for their gold users. The Xbox One does have a lot of problems though.

Playstation Plus has been giving free games for a long time :P

Xbox One is going to be obsolete with PS4's existence.

Sony promise atleast 65 free games a year, now for £40 a year thats a bargain in my view :)

PlayStation network users are anti social, how many people can you get in a private party on the PSN these days?

I decided to buy the PS4, but then decided I wasn't going to waste my money since I don't play the xbox 360 much any more, so I cancelled my order.

I decided the PS4 over the Xbox. But Titanfall looks amazing.

I've just gotten bored of gaming now. Now I'm saving up for a new pc to run Photoshop and the occasional pc game.

Titanfall is not out till next yr and is coming to pc anyway. The exclusives for Xbox this time around look awful especially the launch titles.

Ryse looked amazing until the combat sequences, halo is no longer developed by bungie and I have never really got into forza despite keeping buying them, haha.

One of the big reasons I want Sony to succeed is due to their polar opposite position on DRM and games. The ps4 seems much more like a gamers console, Xbox just seems like a way for ms to make more money and take too much control.

The only way the likes of ms will learn is if people vote with their feet and don't buy into their dollarbox.

I only really use my PS3 for Blu-ray nowadays anyway.

My gaming laptop beats all consoles hands down, end of !

What laptop have you got i keep wondering whether to add my laptop fund and console fund together to get either an Alienware M14x or 17x both going cheap because of the new models that have just been released both come in at under 1k, although thats a lot when i could build or buy a desktop with similar grunt.

In fairness, my £300 desktop I made for my parents use beats consoles with ease >_>

Beauty of PC gaming is there's always room to up the specs when new graphics cards come available.

Can't do that with a console.

I was thinking about a laptop, but you can't really upgrade them, so I've opted to a desktop. Can't afford one yet though, need to save up quite a bit yet til I decide to buy one

I have pulled the trigger early and blown most of my budget on a Samsung Note 8.0, im going to wait and see if any limited editions come out in the weeks after launch like a Forza edition etc.

Just thought I'd give you an update. It looks like Microsoft have turned around on their decisions.

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/19/your-feedback-matters-update-on-xbox-one/

They must have decided to do a u -turn because otherwise it would have cost them sales/ money

Just thought I'd give you an update. It looks like Microsoft have turned around on their decisions.

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/19/your-feedback-matters-update-on-xbox-one/

Excellent, just shows what a bit of healthy competition can do combined with people power.

PS4 is still the one I'll be going for at launch, more powerful, less expensive and launch exclusives are more interesting for me - can't say any of the xb1 launch exclusives really do it for me.

Now MS has dropped the draconian DRM I'll probably pick up a halo xb1 bundle next yr or something.