Show
Photo

Next Gen Console Pre Orders?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Next Gen Console do you want (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which console would you prefer?

1. Wii U (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. PS4 (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

3. Xbox One (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Will you be buying a next gen console at all

1. Definitely i am pre ordering (7 votes [38.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Maybe im not sure (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. No i will not be playing a next gen console (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,413 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

I only really use my PS3 for Blu-ray nowadays anyway.

My gaming laptop beats all consoles hands down, end of !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

What laptop have you got i keep wondering whether to add my laptop fund and console fund together to get either an Alienware M14x or 17x both going cheap because of the new models that have just been released both come in at under 1k, although thats a lot when i could build or buy a desktop with similar grunt.

#18 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,413 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

http://m.msi.com/hom...uct/detail/2870

Put it this way it wasn't cheap but it's very good.

#19 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,512 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

In fairness, my £300 desktop I made for my parents use beats consoles with ease >_>

#20 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,413 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Beauty of PC gaming is there's always room to up the specs when new graphics cards come available.
Can't do that with a console.

#21 Daelpix

Daelpix

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 TDCI 3dr
  • Year: 2010

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I was thinking about a laptop, but you can't really upgrade them, so I've opted to a desktop. Can't afford one yet though, need to save up quite a bit yet til I decide to buy one

#22 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

I have pulled the trigger early and blown most of my budget on a Samsung Note 8.0, im going to wait and see if any limited editions come out in the weeks after launch like a Forza edition etc.

#23 David2013

David2013

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2001

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just thought I'd give you an update. It looks like Microsoft have turned around on their decisions. 

http://majornelson.c...te-on-xbox-one/

#24 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just thought I'd give you an update. It looks like Microsoft have turned around on their decisions. 

They must have decided to do a u -turn because otherwise it would have cost them sales/ money

#25 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,747 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Excellent, just shows what a bit of healthy competition can do combined with people power.

PS4 is still the one I'll be going for at launch, more powerful, less expensive and launch exclusives are more interesting for me - can't say any of the xb1 launch exclusives really do it for me.

Now MS has dropped the draconian DRM I'll probably pick up a halo xb1 bundle next yr or something.

#26 gazsutton

gazsutton

Clueless!

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

after being a big fan of the 360 when it came out and having 3 die on me i decided to go to the ps3 but then after a while i noticed games on the ps3 seem to be single player (no -co-op) and online only.

decided to go back to the 360 once they sorted the overheat issue and the game span seemed a lot bigger majoirty of games were at least 2 player and co-op both offline and online.

As soon as i heard about the xbox one being 24 online only i thought that sucked!!! and what sucked even more is the pre owned game situation!!! looks like ps4 for me but now they have revolked this i might be sticking to xbox, thye juts need to bring the price down now.

#27 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

The more power debate is always a hollow one on consoles, the Xbox will always have the slight advantage as games developed for the PC will port to the Xbox better than anything else, the only 'power' advantage that the PS4 has is in the RAM used and so i don't think will come in to play, i reckon that Microsoft offers the best overall package in respect to online services, multimedia services and customer service in my past experience.

#28 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Microsoft dont give a crap about their customers my complaints about the 3 Xbox 360's I had that went kaput after just a month fell on deaf ears. They've recently forced me to upgrade my perfectly good hotmail app on my android phone to the outlook app and its basically rendered it useless. I can now only get push emails if im connected to WiFi which defeats the purpose of having it as a mobile app and me and millions more people are complaining 3 months on still no fix. It was the same with Windows 8. Microsoft dont give a crap once they have your money and I hate the way they use their financial muscle strangle hold any competition. All I can say is ill never go back to Microsoft.

#29 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Microsoft dont give a crap about their customers my complaints about the 3 Xbox 360's I had that went kaput after just a month fell on deaf ears. They've recently forced me to upgrade my perfectly good hotmail app on my android phone to the outlook app and its basically rendered it useless. I can now only get push emails if im connected to WiFi which defeats the purpose of having it as a mobile app and me and millions more people are complaining 3 months on still no fix. It was the same with Windows 8. Microsoft dont give a crap once they have your money and I hate the way they use their financial muscle strangle hold any competition. All I can say is ill never go back to Microsoft.

I always got a freebie from them when sending mine back i got Forza 2 for free back in the day as well as Halo 3, plus they also chuck in a month of Xbox live to compensate for the loss of the month due to repair or what ever, and i have never been too keen on the Hotmail apps, what phone are you using?   

#30 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

I got nothing off them at all. Not even an appology I had to fight to get my money back they just wanted to keep replacing it by which time I'd had enough. Ive got the Sony xperia z the hotmail app was brilliant for me especially in regards to the forum. I used to get any post notifications instantly now im lucky if I get a notification even if im connected through WiFi and its not just my phone its the full android set up just about. At first you couldnt even log into the app it just kept crashing and going back to the log in screen. As far as im concerned tactics like using financial muscle to get all the New map packs a month early on COD for example to put people off PlayStation are just dirty tricks. It actually put me off COD altogether for selling out to them. Im kinda glad in a way cause that in turn led me to battlefield which is just in a complete different league gameplay/graphics wise

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users