Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Mike_P

Fiesta 12V Socket Not Working

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have recently bought a 2010 Ford Fiesta Edge. The 12V socket (by the handbrake/aux socket) is seemingly not working. The fuse (passenger compartment no. 22) was missing, but replacing this with the correct 20A fuse didn't help at all. I have looked at the Haynes manual but can't find a suitable wiring diagram to search for the sockets earthing point etc.

Any ideas as to what is wrong/what to check next?

Not currently a huge problem, just bugging me having something that doesn't work

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

the only idea i could of had is the fuse... does the fuse you put in work? What i would do is take a fuse of the borad (Same A) and test. This way you are sure the one you test with actually works =). Never had any other problem for this so can't help out much more

As above, make sure it's the right fuse and if dtill no power it could be the socket has become disconnected.

Thanks for the quick replies. I was actually already using an existing fuse of the same rating, thanks for the help anyway.

I may try and remove some trim pieces to get at the connection to the socket tomorrow. Alternatively I presume I could at least test the earth/neutral connection with a multimeter between the socket's neutral and the negative terminal of the battery.

I replaced (well added) the fuse in position 22, 4th row up 6th from left in that photo. Which is the cigar lighter/front power point according to the car's logbook. The one in the photo is stated as "Not Used" in the logbook, I shall see if putting a 20A their works.

Thanks for the link :)

Interesting, the fuse indicated in that photo does exist in my car and is clearly blown, I shall get a replacement tomorrow and see what happens.

Interesting, the fuse indicated in that photo does exist in my car and is clearly blown, I shall get a replacement tomorrow and see what happens.

I bet I know what will happen... ;)

Yokomoko and Mike_P like this

Thanks very much, it is now all working again simply by replacing the correct fuse.

Cheers :)

Hi I have a 2012 Fiesta with the same issue, in the handbook it shows 2 positions for the 20A fuse.Fuse 18 (small blade) and Fuse 30 (box type). On checking the car fuse box there is no fuse in position 18, there is a healthy fuse in position 30. There is voltage at the fusebox, but nothing at power socket. Removed side panel, but limited access due to framework. Connections look OK, so looks like a trip to the Ford dealer - inconvenience!!

You sure fuse 30 is ok, how did you check it?

Couldn't find the photo sent to me, so took one myself, the 12V socket fuse is circled in the attached pic. I removed it and sure enough the socket stopped working, replacing it and all is fine.

Fiesta Fuse2.jpg