Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Estate '98-99 Rear Hatch Lock Electrics Silent/not Working

RobertC

I press the big button on the top right side of the dash, with the picture of the rear hatch open on it, and nothing happens. Same with the key button. Nada.

The key in the lock opens it fine, and it closes fine. Just not by using the key or the dash button.

There is no sounds or activity when either is pressed as well.

Which is the fuse that controls that lock. All other work ok I might add, including central locking. Double click the key, and indicators flash. I don't think the alarm actually works, because I have never heard it make a sound.

Anyway. What wire is it - wire colour - that comes from the car via that flexible harness into the rear hatch. Could be a broken wire? Can't find a fuse for it at all, and if Fuse 63 is on the back of the fuse box - I can't see how to access it anyway.

The plug that goes into the locking unit has four or five wires anyway. So how do I get this sucker to work?

thanks

Just an edit - I just noticed on fiddling with it again, that when I press the button on the dashboard behind the steering wheel, there is a faint clicking sound like a relay, from somewhere inside the dash/console area? But still no lock activation. There are four wires going to the lock mechanism on the hatch, : Black, Green and white, Brown and black, and Blue. One wire actually has just over 8 volts on it.

Although I suppose none of that is any help, although the clicking behind the console might indicate a relay of some sort somewhere?

Check the wires between the roof and hatch.

The insulation gets hard over time and breaks which then causes the wire to snap.

Common problem.

I'm pretty sure there is only one fuse for all of the central locking circuit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club