Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 5Th And Reverse Gear Prob

derek4607

hello can any one help me i cant engage 5th or reverse gear the gear lever will not push over to the right 1st 2nd 3rd 4th all fine many thanks derek

sounds like a gear selector / linkage problem... have you had a look at the mechanics underneath the stick... something as simple as a small item falling down into the well could stop it being shifted to the right...

hello jeebowhite had a look nothing stuck on gear selector if i disconect cables leaver moves alright

so its a gear linkage issue by the seems of things. Unfortunately I cant really say how is best to fix it, I would advise that you are probably best placed taking it to an independant garage. They may be able to release the cable and unstick it if it is seized shorted than it should be, but I wouldnt know where to start in advising you how to fix it...

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like syncro mesh gone 5th and R share the same one im sure defo a sncro though .