Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome Letters Coming Off Car :(

I've just washed and waxed my car (not that it needed it but I'm not going to leave it til it gets really mucky and tar accumulates on the paintwork.)

I've noticed that the 'Titanium' letters are coming off.

Any suggestions how to take them off fully?

I've read on the internet that I would need a hair dryer, but I don't have a cable long enough to reach my car. What else could I use?

All of the letters are loose and one letter I can just pull off leaving the glue attached to the car.

Do they leave holes?

I might just take them off and see how it looks without it and leave it as it is. Not sure yet.

Dental floss to saw through the foam sticky pads.

They won't leave any holes, just clean the remaining sticky bits with lighter petrol or sticky stuff remover.

Would Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover be ok?

Since I can't use a hair dryer could I try pouring it (carefully) over the letters? Or would it damage the paintwork?

Warm water might help instead.

As Stoney said, they're just stuck on - wee bit of dental floss and just remove the residue - I've heard tar remover works, but a drop of petrol is much easier.

I've taken the letters off and it was very easy to do. Washed the area, then waxed it.

I think I'll leave it as it is. I looks a little bare, but I'll leave it as it is for now.

i want to put mine back on,as when i bought it the buggers had taken it off.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club