Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Window Tinting

Focus_IRE

Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to tint their own windows? If so have you used pre cut tint or did you buy the rolls to give it a proper tint? How hard or easy a job is it and what has the final outcome been?

Seriously thinking of doing mine and was just wondering which is the best for tinting as i have found this

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=71&product_id=205

Help would be greatly appreciated lads.

Just pay someone to do it.

Tried it once. Nightmare, avoid , well drive you nuts.

Just mad to do it lol. How was it a nightmare for you mate what went wrong for you? What type of tint did you use?

Just pay someone to do it.

I know Foci its probably the easist thing to do but i dont do things easy lol I like to have the enjoyment and satisfaction of hoping to have it done myself :ph34r:

maybe this would help?

all i will say is read the instructions before you start!

i had to tint a door at work and bodged the top half as i didnt read the instructions and then read them and did the bottom half and it was 100% better.

you may need help so get your mates to help you out.

It's tricky to do home tints without bubbles and streaks.

Your windows need to be spotless and use plenty of lubrication to get the tint totally smooth or you'll rip it the first time you open a window.

• Like 1

Honestly don't bother. Get it done properly. That's my advice. I've tried back in the day. Cutting it out. Spreading the bubbles.

It's like trying to eat chocolate cake in a sauna.

maybe this would help?

Thanks mate was looking at nearly every video on Youtube yesterday on tinting, it doesnt look too hard simillar to carbon wrapping.

all i will say is read the instructions before you start!

i had to tint a door at work and bodged the top half as i didnt read the instructions and then read them and did the bottom half and it was 100% better.

you may need help so get your mates to help you out.

Thanks Sal, Yeah will def have to read them it doesnt look to be too bad. How did the tints turn out after a few weeks?

It's tricky to do home tints without bubbles and streaks.

Your windows need to be spotless and use plenty of lubrication to get the tint totally smooth or you'll rip it the first time you open a window.

Thanks Clive as I say practise makes perfect and it wouldnt be a bad businees to get into.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club